Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2006, 10:21 PM

Default PP $6: Small steal turns into all-in decision.

Should Hero have pushed the turn? Comments about the rest of the hand are welcome, too.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t3745)
UTG (t2425)
MP (t1210)
CO (t5965)
Hero (t3760)
SB (t2895)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t400.
<font color="blue"> BB is loose. She'll call with lots of hands preflop. I tried to steal because I had a very tight, strong image and this player hadn't messed with any of my other steals. I hadn't yet tried to steal her BB, though.</font>

Flop: (t1300) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, BB calls t800.
<font color="blue">I wasn't even going to ask... c-bet standard?</font>
Turn: (t2900) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

BB checks, Hero checks.
<font color="blue">I put villain on a medium strength hand here. I said she was loose preflop but I haven't yet seen what she needs to call a big bet with. Should I have pushed the turn? In hindsight, I think I should have pushed because after I let the hand go there were four other stacks much bigger than mine.</font>

River: (t2900) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.
<font color="blue">Can't bluff the river after checking the turn.</font>
Final Pot: t2900