Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2006, 09:31 PM

Default QT in the CO (self-defence)

A self-defence hand. I haven't seen many hands but the table on the whole is loose and Villain has played most of the hands so far.

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (Villain) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) checks.

Okay. So I call preflop because I have reasonable position and can get in cheap.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, Villain calls.

I have top pair and two BD draws so I'm going to be continuing with this hand, although I'm wary. When Villain bets, I seize the chance to knock out the other players if I can. Villain could have anything. I'd be thinking FD, top pair and a pocket pair are all possibilities.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

Okay, I'm liking the turn, so I keep the betting lead. I have TP and an OESD, and no reason to think I'm behind. I'm a bit concerned that Villain bet out on the flop, because that tends to mean FD or TP, so reverse domination is a small worry.

River: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

Woah! That's the flush card. Villain has called everything and I haven't been able to narrow down his hand. I think that this is one of those spots where a bet can't win. If Villain has queen-small or a smaller pair, he will surely fold to a bet. He can't think I don't beat it. If he has the flush or two pair, he'll raise or at least call.

Final Pot: 6 BB