Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Harrington on Holdem III Discussion Group

Again, why is calling the $60 'significantly inferior' as you imply? That's my only realy question.

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] HU I would likely chose the raise. Against two limpers (and three players yet to act...any one of which could have a real hand) and with a hand that is vulnerable to so many holdings, I would prefer to call and see a flop in hopes of looking to outplay these 'not very competent' players post flop should, say an A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] be in when the flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. If a flop came not to my liking, I could get away from it easier...and it might not be so easy for the A9 to get away should an ace come out as he is loose. If they were more competent, I would be more likely to raise.

But, raising isn't bad by any means, you could get both to bite and keep others out...but again AQ suited is vulnerable to a flop. I just think Harrington believes there could be more to be gained with a call. I could well be wrong though. My 'forte' is Limit and Stud not, NL...I'm still early in the learning process there.

Keep in mind though the only real point of this problem - fear of flopping. That's why it's so short. I think we are over analyzing the situation here.

---Leavenfish