Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Venetian Poker Questions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello Michael,
Thank you for all of your kind words. I'll be sure to pass this along to everyone mentioned. As for your constructive comments:
1. Players are 60/40 positive for the change to 3/6. Some of the 4/8 players made the jump to 6/12 and seem happy with that structure. It's more than likely that these limits will remain for the time being.
2. The bad beat jackpot drives me nuts too. The QueueOS programmer is coming out to fix this problem. Both the list and the bad beat notification are set for a certain amount of time. As we extend the list to 3 or 4 pages it becomes a real problem. It will be fixed, I promise.
3. I'll pass along your comments to Tim Mix, our tournament director, and I'll get back to you.
4. I know who you are speaking of, her name is Esther Rossi. She has been hired as a consultant and she has been working very hard to promote the room. She has at times jumped in to help run the list because we have been short staffed. I'll let her know your thoughts.
5. The open seat issue will be eliminated in two ways. First of all the staffing issues are finally taken care of and all positions will be filled by the end of next week. This will allow our supervisors to stay in their assigned area to monitor the seats. Secondly, we are expecting the arrival of an upgrade form QueueOS to allow the dealers to press a button at the table to notify the staff of an open seat, fill request, cocktails, etc.
6. We just had a meeting with all the Managers to address this issue. We've instructed the dealers on how we want the absent buttons maintained. We've told the supervisors the proper procedures for picking a player up. Also we are implementing the 3rd man walking rule.

Thanks againg for taking the time to point these things out. Please introduce yourself the next time your in.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I'm very impressed...

I might be coming back to the room to play very soon if all of these positive steps are being taken to ensure

a)good games
b)good cust service
c)efficient running of the room

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is wonderful that postive steps are being taken, but why weren't these things done from day 1?