Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2006, 06:30 PM

Default People\'s YTDs

Why do people love to come to the sports forum and post records they claim they have so far? I'm mostly calling out rush66 and cant_win. Cant_win starts a thread, his first world cup post, with no prior picks, and says he's 7-2. And he would have broken even today had he not gone out on a limb with a -275 Germany pick. And rush posts his alleged 12-1-2 +22 units record every chance he gets. He's posted TWO picks on this site and both were huge favorites. Just read his posts. Half of them are after the game happens and he says that he had the winning team. What good is that doing any one? It's just a total look-at-me post. If you post a YTD, you have to have made the pick before the game happened and post the juice and the units. It's in the FAQ. I don't want this forum turning into somewhere like eog where it's just a bunch of people saying "look at my record, I'm up 20 units!" and attention-whoring. The point of posting is so we can discuss and get better and share good lines, not to try to get the most props from a cool YTD. And if you want people to give you props and respect, post picks before the game, and if you consistently do well, people will notice. But all these posts from people who have been here a week with like two picks in random threads that start of with, "So far I'm 12-1 for +30 units..." are just retarded and it has no place here and it detracts from good cappers we have on here who actually have legit YTDs.