Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: File share issues. (includes lesbian penguin)

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm.... that is odd. Sounds like you're doing everything by the book. Let's start from square one - I know you probably did everything correctly the first time around, but use this guide as a checklist, and try resetting the shares from scratch.

We know it's not a network problem because the shared machine can't access the files either (you were right to check your NetBIOS and firewall settings otherwise). I don't think I've ever seen the establishing user account not be able to access the shares - I'm thinking something must have gone wrong in the process. Really out of the ordinary. Let me know how the reset goes, and we can go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, I'll go through that one.
In the meantime, here is another oddity. This is what my network connections look like:

I have two other XP computers and that gateway connection is not there on any of those. Disabling it makes the network stop working. I shouldn't be needing it, right? I'm not using internet connection sharing on this computer. But I have no idea where it came from or how to remove it.

Oh well, I better get started with that file sharing article. Perhaps the solution is in there.