Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2006, 09:58 AM

Default I Have No Self Control; Please Take The Mouse Away

I am in a rut. Since drawing down my Party account to $500.00 at the end of March (I just HAD to have three new Tiagra 16 reels [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), I've been exclusively playing the $25 tables... and losing. I'm down over half my stack so far.

I signed up for the Review Session (I pity poor InfectorGadget.... he's sure to ruin his game watching me spew all over). What I did next was a sure sign I'm fluxed up..... I took the day off from work yesterday (OK, I work for myself, but I was neglectful..) and reviewed PT and found a TERRIBLE flaw. I seem to be very interested in seeing what villain has when he OVERBETS the pot or comes over the top LARGE on the river. It doesn't necessarily have to be an All-In, just a few clicks above PSB had my mouse SCAMPERING! for the Call button. As you would imagine, TRAGIC results.

So last night I sit down (One table, mind you) and VOW, I say VOW!! to be VERY selective (read as: DA NUTS, BABY!)in my river calls.

5th hand on the table. Villain has played the last four hands, three with him PFR 4X-5X and then check-calling fairly good bets with garbage. He did have bottom pair off the flop in hand three tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">CO ($26.80)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($27.65)</font>
SB ($13.18)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($26.95)</font>
UTG ($47.63)
MP ($21.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.22</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.97, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.79) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2.
<font color="blue">I love/hate this flop. The guy's been playing garbage,,,,,, let's see if he has any interest. </font>

Turn: ($8.79) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.67</font>, BB calls $5.67.
<font color="blue">Nice to see a blank here.... let's get a few more bucks in there. If he's on the flush, I want to bet over ½ pot, but not too much to chase him out. I'm WAY ahead here </font>

River: ($20.13) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="blue">Oh crap! I can't put him on AK tho and the flush didn't get there.... maybe I can eek a tad more out of his stack </font>

BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7.2</font>, BB calls $17.06 (All-In), Hero......... of course I call.

In hindsight I'm thinking my flop should've more like ¾ pot. I don't want to lose him, but I gave WAY too much and evn I would call with #3 pair.
On the turn, I am still pretty convinced he doesn't have anything of value and before I bet, I try to think of river scare cards.
On the river: This is the part of my game that has been KILLING me lately. What should be my thoughts?