Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2006, 08:18 PM

Default Limping hands from EP.

This week I'm doing a session review with OrigamiSensei. We've reached consensus about most of our hands, but we can't agree about this one subject: limping with drawing hands in EP. Basically, OrigamiSensei says: "We play low limit, these tables are full of fish, so I can call with good drawing hands in EP.". My opinion is: "Even some of the fish might raise you, and you certainly don't want to get headsup with a PFR. Call only from middle and late position". A few examples we have been fighting about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]:

55, 89s UTG.
QTs UTG + 1. First player folds.
K9s, 9Js UTG + 2. First two players fold.
KJo UTG + 2. First player calls, next player folds.

OrigamiSensei played all of these hands on his .10/.20 tables. On my 1/2 tables I would fold all of them, possibly with the exception of the last hand. My style is very tight (13.5%), OrigamiSensei plays about 18%. We already agreed that he could limp more hands, since his tables are probably more fishy.

What would you do with these hands on .10/.20? And on 1/2? What are your calling ranges in early position? Any comments would be appreciated.

ps: OrigamiSensei: I also really appreciate the time you take to look at my hands. Your comments are valuable!