Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Overcards hand from review session

I should include my reads here:

SB: Fishy stats, bad player, no clue how to handle a massive hand

BB: sLP-P stats, nothing outstanding to note

UTG+1: 38/8 LA-P stats

UTG+2: Fishy stats, otherwise nothing of note

MP3: Fishy, but watch out when he wakes up

CO: 50/6, has a habit of going off at inopportune times with air, his aggression gets greater with every street

Looking at the players in the hand it is fairly unlikely I'll get check-raised except if CO does one of his patented LAGtard moves but there is essentially zero chance of getting to the river with only a small bet now. No more than one or two will fold now (only the ones I don't want to fold) and one of them will bet the turn with almost 100% certainty. Also because their pre-flop standards are so low SOMEBODY hit that flop - I'm behind here.

We only have three solid outs to the gutshot (minus the diamond) and the following to improve the hand for drawing: any diamond, any king, queen or jack. So granted, roughly 21 turn cards do something to improve my chances of winning the hand but it's very speculative. Top pair bad kicker is unlikely to win here and if a person in early position bets I have a good chance to peel the river with proper drawing odds assuming lots of people call.

LATE EDIT: And forgot to mention the CO regularly takes overs to the river and the other fish have been known to occasionally as well if it's not too expensive.