Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Preflop decisions... I hate easily dominated offsuit cards in big pots

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is in late middle position with KJo on a table of fish

1) limp, limp, Hero?
2) limp, limp, limp, Hero?
3)What about with KJs?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll usually call, if the table and the players behind me aren't too aggressive. With at least two limpers already you're getting decent odds; just need to not spew post flop. Yes, you could be dominated by a KQ or AJ but some of them will raise, and there will be people with QJ and JT and KT out there too. Take their money.

[ QUOTE ]
4)Do you play QJo the same as KJo in these situations?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably fold this.

[ QUOTE ]
5) Do you ever complete in the SB with hands like A9o-A2o? What conditions would you do this and under what conditions would you raise these hands in the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]
Often. It's only 1/2 of a small bet, giving good odds if no one has raised PF. Not so fond of A6, A7. This would be at a generally passive table where I'm not expecting all sorts of insane postflop action.
[ QUOTE ]
6) What do you do with JTo in the SB after a loose player open limps from button?

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I'll often call, unless BB is awfully aggressive and likely to want to punish limper. But in a "friendly" game, 1/2 small bet seems worth it.
[ QUOTE ]
7) Do you raise AQo from the SB or BB when there has been a ton of limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm more likely to do it with a ton of limpers since you're going to be paid so much better if you hit your 1 out of 3 chnace. It will be tough to play OOP if you don't hit, but with 5 or 6 limpers you're getting great odds just for an A or Q and you may very well get a worse A or Q to call you to showdown, or possibly even raise.
[ QUOTE ]
8) Same as 7 but AJo

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm probably just calling here.
[ QUOTE ]
9) Same as 7 but AQs/KQs/AJs

[/ QUOTE ]
The AQs I'm raising, the others I'm likely to just complete with.