Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Bellagio 10 20 NL against solid regular

Hey All -

Neon - I bet you never would have thought you would see this day!

I have lurked here for a while and have enjoyed some great insight from several of you . . . ElDiablo, R.B.K., ML4L, cero z, BobboFitos, etc. . . . thanks.

I, too, was at Bellagio last weekend playing 10 20 NL and 25 50 NL. I was not there on Saturday day or night, but i had a hand that I would like to review with you:

Monday morning, 10 20 NL game is great: one solid regular, Tom, stocky, 60ish, friendly, sits with about $25K in seat 8 in the main game daily. A couple of fair players and the rest are poor or very poor players. I am in my 30s and am the youngest player by 15 years. My image is pretty tight, but I had recently moved a guy all in with slightly improper odds on the nut flush draw, knowing that he would call [he didn't have much left], for meta-game purposes (I hit it; he looked very surprised at my 'stupid' play, and the feeling I got from the table was that they thought I was on the wild side. Most pots are about four player limpers. About ten hands ago, however, Tom took his second bad beat and has been tilting, trying to buy pots post-flop and on the flop.

I ($10,000) am in the BB with 10spades 8diamonds. UTG +1 limps, Tom limps ($15,000), cut-off limps, Button raises to 80, I call (I normally would not call with 10 8 off oop, but anticipating that the rest will call, too, I think it is +EV given the lineup). The rest call. The pot is ($400).

The flop came:

10 :club: 8 :club: 5 :diamond:

I check, anticipating being able to check-raise. No such luck . . . it gets checked around. The turn is:

3 :spade:

I lead for $400. UTG+1 folds. Tom raises to $1800.00. It is folded to me.

All thoughts appreciated.

As a side note, I enjoyed ML4L's tales from the Bellagio felt and so I relate two stories and see if any of you have info on this player, who is a cocky Asian named Peter (JC Tran and Eric A. knew him). After seeing him play one hand in a lag-tard manner, I raise in EP to $150 with 10s in the 25 50 NL game. Three people call and Peter makes it $700 in the SB. I call; the others fold. Peter makes sure I know he is betting $1500 in the dark. The flop comes with three undercards and I move Peter all in. He calls for about $3200 more. Two more undercards come. I show; he mucks his hand. Re-Buys for $20K.

Hand 2: A very aggressive Finnish player (they were calling him the Swede) ($20,000) sat to Peter's ($20,000) right and straddled. Peter made it $400 UTG and one person called. The Swede made it $2000. Peter made it $5000. The Swede folded. Peter showed the 4 :diamond: and declared, "NO ONE make move on Peter! (pause) Only PETER make move on Peter!"

Good stuff.