Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2006, 02:19 AM

Default Harrah\'s North Kansas City New $2/5 NL Buyin

So I just moved to Kansas City and in the span of living here for a month Harrah's North KC has restructured the buyin on their $2-5 No Limit Holdem and I am not sure which game I want to play now

The old way:
$2-5 blinds
$100-300 buyin on new games
$100-75% of big stack buyin on running games

The new games:
$2-5 blind no limit
specific tables running one of the folling two:
- tables with $100-300 buyin
- tables with $100 min, 75% of big stack max

The reason they did this is some players (im guessing fish) didnt like players being able to buyin for $1000+ into a game where they bought in for $200 as these bigger players could bust them in any hand, even if they had doubled/triped up their original buyin

So my question comes down to game selection. Would you choose the $100-300 game or the more pseudo-uncapped 75% of big stack game? Both games are well within my bankroll and I dont mind playing deep stacked.

From my experince thus far the better regular players seem to be going towards the 75% game (lets say 2/3rds) with some remaining in the $100-300 game (lets say 1/3rd).

So I am trying to decide which game is better for me (which one will yield the highest $/hr) and looking to everyone on here for their thoughts. I wish I had a ton of time to spend playing each game for 100s of hours to get good data but I dont.

So which game should I play and why? (or which one of these games would you play and why)