Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Enhancing your Multi-tabling - Position Advice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Position matters much more postflop than preflop. I'll take a multiway pot with a TAG who is now OOP and a fish who will coldcall many bets than the other way around.

Think about it this way, do YOU play better in position? Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok since we seem to be in agreement about the fact that WE play better in position, do you for some reason play in more pots with TAGs than you do with high vpip players? unless you make a deliberate attempt to call when a tight player enters a pot and fold when a loose player does i think it's pretty close to mathematically impossible to play more against tight players than loose ones over time

i don't know maybe we have completely different ideas on how one makes money in poker, i always thought it was by playing against loose, bad players, but if you make most of your money in pots with tight players i can definitely see how you would rather have position on them

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise and a TAG calls or 3 bets.

Ok have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep... its sucks when this happens BUT two things to consider:

1 - it doesn't happen very often. TAGs by definition aren't playing many hands AND they respect a raise and are less likely to come into a raised pot. So you play few hands this way. Fish on the other hand limp limp limp limp limp limp limp every hand and by raising behind them with your playable hands you stand a better chance of isolating them and playing HU against a bad player with position.

2 - If a TAG does come in with a cold call or a 3-bet. It generally gives you a VERY good idea of their hand range. You know more about what they have based on the cold call or 3-bet then they know about your hand given that you just raised. Yes, OOP sucks against a TAG, but you lessen this to some extent by having more knowledge about their hand then they have about yours.

Position on Fish
OOP on TAGS

~FishNChips