Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2006, 09:30 AM

Default implied/pot odds question with pocket pairs postflop

Hi,
This is a general question, so no hand history. Say you´re holding a medium pocket pair, such as 88, in early position. you call preflop, late position raises, you call. pot of 8BB (approx., assuming 4 people see the flop). You don't hit the flop, which is something uncoordinated, like A T 3 rainbow. You get a bet and some calls before it comes to you. Do you call this? My reasoning is that you have a 5 % chance of hitting on the turn, so if it's .25 - .50, putting in .25 on the flop you should have to have an expectation of winning 20 x .25 = 5$ if you hit, which is easily the case if you have a total of 3 people staying in. Most things I´ve read, however, seem to advocate folding. Am I making a mistake in how I'm calculating this, or is the uncoordinated flop/preflop raise/low stakes with everybody staying in once they call the flop combination an exception?

Thanks for any input. Oh and I do realize that if you have people capable of folding hands like AJ to a check raise on the turn this is probably -EV.