Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 AM

Default Raptor had a 1200 break even run. LC.

We had a little debate recently about how long it was possible to break even over. I claimed that every player will break even over a 1000 sngs if they play long enough. This is probably slightly mistaken but I think the number one can expect to break even over at some point is not that much less than this even at lower limits. Raptor claims in BBV to have broken even over 1200 sngs. In relation to this is the fact that one can run hot as a hot thing for very long periods.

I think peoples opionions on bad runs and variance is as one would expect totaly related to their experiences with negative variance. If they havnt experienced it they dont believe it possible or doubt that varaince could lead to certain results without a big tilt factor. I know I used to.I used to read reports of bad runs and think meh that person must suck. Now I know better. Not that I have expereinced full brutality of break even over a 1000 but have come relatively close. Close enough to know its possiblt without a great amount of tilt on the players behalf. However to counter my own arguement slighlty because I am a fair minded guy, I will say that it is fair to say that every bad run is excerbated to some degree by a players reaction to it. However I still think that those who havnt had the bad run of gangor will over estimate player contribution to reports of truely bad runs.

People seem to greatly underestimate the if it can happen it will happen aspect of pounding out random events in large quantities.

If some reason you dont like this thread, email party support and tell them that Server Restarts give OAFK to much time to talk [censored].