Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Graduation gift?

So I'm graduating college in 3 weeks, and obviously not studying for finals since I'm posting. Anywho, I get the idea that I'll be receiving gifts/money for making out alive. Under the assumption that it's mostly money, I have to decide what to do with it. I've come up with the following 4 options (not in any particular order), and reasons behind all of them.

1) New computer- have had my laptop all 4 years of college and it's a monster. A 12 lb. Sager 2.0 GHz with 40 GB hard drive. Monitor is quite dirty and I get the feeling an upgrade can be worth it, particularly since Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is due to come out and I love those games.

2) Go to 2006 WSOP- Ever since getting into poker 4 years ago, this has been on the list of things to do before I die. I'd most likely end up playing one of the $1500 limit hold-em events. Plus, I haven't been to Vegas when allowed to legally gamble (have been there 4 or 5 times while underage).

3) Travel- First left the continent last year when studying abroad in Melbourne (best city ever, I highly recommend it) and visited England this past winter. Now I feel like I should see and experience all those stereotypical things you hear from people returning from vacations in Europe and such.

4) Save it- Well, as a poor college graduate without a job to speak of yet, hoarding money is probably a good move.

Thoughts on these ideas? Any others?