Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Forming a Low Limit STT Study Group

Hey all,

Okay so here's the plan. I want to form a low limit study group. Anyone that plays $11 - $33 STTs is welcome to join in. It would be preferable (at least this time around) that the participants play on Party Poker, since the blind structure/starting stacks/speed of the SNGs differ from site to site. I think the ideal participants for this group would be Party Poker $11-$33 SPEED players.

Here's how I see it working.

1. Form a group of 4-5 players (possibly more if interested... maybe 2-3 groups?)
2. Start an IRC channel, so we can all chat as a group there, and we can share our AIM/MSN screen names.
3. Pick out 5 - 8 random SNGs, and submit them to me. I will then distribute each player all of the SNGs in a zip file via eamil or whatever.
4. As a group, we pick one STT from each player in the group, and we all analyze them and put comments in for each hand that we see needs comments. We should probably do one SNG from each player, per day (or whatever, this is negiotiable). That's 4-5 SNGs you need to review each day.
5. I take the comments we all make for each HH and put them all into a master HH (similar to Indys) and then post it on the internet or whatever so we can all see the comments.
6. We discuss and debate, and hopefully advance as players through the course of a week or two.

That's just the idea, I am felxible on how it will work, etc.

I think that this will be a great (probably the best) learning tool that we can engange in, because not only are the SNGs games that we have played, but we are all taking active part in critically analyzing each others game.

Anyway, what do you think? Whos interested?

-Tick