Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2006, 03:02 PM

Default question about a hand....

Last week i was playing 2-5NL at foxwoods and was pretty much destroying the table the whole time....well one hand still sticks out in my mind cause this guy got under my skin with his comments, here is how it unfolded:

-im in the BB with KQo
-5 limpers SB and me, so 7 to the flop, $35 in the pot
-flop comes Q-7-9 with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s on board
-SB checks, i lead out $30, 2 callers, $125 in the pot
-turn is another 7
-i lead out again, $90, 1 call, other guy folds $305 in the pot
-river is a rag [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] making a possible flush

-i was not really worried about the flush only because he would have had to call like half his stack to make his flush that very well coulda been squashed, only hand i was worried about was 99 which from his position seemed possible he was the 3rd limper(97 raises the flop, Q9 raise turn, any 7 SHOULD have folded to my lead bet)....instead of value betting the river, i checked to him, figured i'd let him see it for free.

-he bets $80 of his remaining ~$125 into a $300 pot, for some reason it seemed very fishy, i knew he was full of bologna, and i was very close to just putting him all in considering he didnt have much left and i still had ~$1200 in front of me, but i didnt, i ended up just calling.

-he said great call (sarcastically) and showed j-10 [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
-he then proceeded to rebuy and mock my play for the next hour....kind of annoyed me but i dont like to make waves when i play.

so my question is, was my check/call on the river incorrect? should i have put him all in? should i have lead out again with a value bet on the river?