Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2006, 08:16 PM

Default flopped trips, turned full house, question about turn line

http://www.pokerhand.org/?301887

First of all, the villain in this hand sat down less than one orbit ago and this was the first hand he made it to the flop with. He raised to two dollars once before and got the blinds.

My question is about the turn play. I bet small on the flop hoping for a bluff or to keep him in. If I had seen him play a single hand before I probably would have raised more depending on what I had seen him do. On the turn when he bet to 10 dollars was my 25 reraise better than calling and trying to get in on the river? Obviously it worked out fine this time, but in general should I reraise there? I thought about it and I am really torn when it comes to a player with no read. I figured he had probably made a straight on the flop and was slow playing a little and when the turn 8 came he was hoping I had one so he could get my money. If he was on a flush I don't see him raising here (and as a result I make a small raise when it checks to me and pray he makes the flush on the river).

I talked to a couple of my friends about this and we think just calling or reraising both make sense, so I'm looking for input here.

Sorry about results and everything but I don't have the hand history in front of me and I pulled the link of my my bookmarks