Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Re: I want a healthy lifestyle

People have been giving good advice, but my main advice is to do everything in moderation. Realize that going from eating fast food 5x a week to maybe eating it once a week is a HUGE step.

After that advice, the main reason people eat fast food is laziness, so you have to get the motivation to cook for yourself. I don't know if you live alone or with roommates/girlfriend or whatever, but if you have people around you, start switching off who cooks so you're still getting a decent meal without having to prepare it every night. It's as easy to cook for one as for two. Or, if you live alone, make something that will give you leftovers for a couple of meals.

Try to find a couple of recipes that are reasonably healthy, but also easy to make and you enjoy eating (ie pasta with jar of sauce, some sort of chicken+rice meal, tacos, etc). Keep the ingredients on hand if you're lazy that night. Then start branching out once a week and trying out different recipes to see what you like and what you don't.

Not everyone likes her, but i have rachel ray's 30-minute meal cookbook, and you really can make most of the things pretty fast, and it all has basic ingredients that you can easily find.