Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM

Default $33: Time for a stop n go?

PartyPoker Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t100/200 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t2440)
Button (t9390)
SB (t6580)
Hero (t1590)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t400</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t200

Flop: (t900) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t1190
Old 03-23-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Re: $33: Time for a stop n go?

I think all the requirements are there. Don't post the flop when asking about stop and go's though. The decision is made before the cards fall.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:23 PM

im not really too thrilled to s'n'g here. mainly b/c i think we have decent fe against the 3rd stack. it would depend on the looseness of the table for me and most importantly if im getting opportunities to open pots.

i think id really like a read here. got any?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not really too thrilled to s'n'g here. mainly b/c i think we have decent fe against the 3rd stack. it would depend on the looseness of the table for me and most importantly if im getting opportunities to open pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table was loose, and I wasn't getting any chances to push. Under these circumstances I'll generally try a stop and go.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't post the flop when asking about stop and go's though. The decision is made before the cards fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

The decision was made before the flop. I only posted the flop so you could easily see how nicely my push matched up with what was in the pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If hero folds his blinds, he'll have 6BB and two hands to push any two with the two biggies in the blinds when he is UTG. I'm not the best bubble player but I think this is as good a spot as any for a Stop and Go. I'm wondering why Hero didn't push the hand before...
Old 03-23-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The table was loose, and I wasn't getting any chances to push. Under these circumstances I'll generally try a stop and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sounds reasonable then.

just hate getting tangled up with the biggie without much FE postflop. in times like these i generally look to see if there were any spots before this where i might have missed a razor thin push.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:39 PM

Previous hand:

PartyPoker Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t200/100 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1590)
Button (t2440)
SB (t9590)
BB (t6380)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Hero folds
Old 03-23-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just hate getting tangled up with the biggie without much FE postflop. in times like these i generally look to see if there were any spots before this where i might have missed a razor thin push.

[/ QUOTE ]

If HERO thinks he has a tad more FE on the flop than he does PF, then s-n-g is goot.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If HERO thinks he has a tad more FE on the flop than he does PF, then s-n-g is goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

well yeah, if im playing this hand then i definitely s'n'g rather that push over the top purely because of the gained folding equity.