Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Advice on these 3b pots

If he is 3betting light then the TT is a 4bet.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:33 AM

dunno exactly but potting for $64 and leaving him with $7 is a bit odd. why wouldn't you just shove?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone like to call with suited trash to bust a guy that's a light 3-bettor? He's not going to have a huge hand enough of the time to stack off when you finally hit 2pr or a big draw. I'd rather shove the flop than float it, but I'd fold pre.

Hand 2 looks okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more . . . wtf at calling with these 64/53/86s/etc hands PF. I see this crap all the time. If I guy 3 bets light fold these hands.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM

I shove TT on the JJJ flop if i think he is 3-betting light, if he has one of the 3 bigger pairs, so be it. And you probably know he is 2-barreling anyway, so might as well push before any scarecards come out on later streets. Calling to reevaluate is your worst option I think.

Rest i fold, cause a 3-bet pot is cut and dried, push or fold. Spew with these weak hands in big HU pots.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:28 PM

To be honest, I don't mind how you played all of the hands. With the 64s hands, obviously nothing wrong with folding preflop but you need to call in those spots too sometimes. You're obviously not calling because you think "I'm ahead of his range", you're calling because you're in position and can take the pot away frequently. Which is why in hand #3 I would definitely bet the turn. Forget about your small showdown equity and bet for protection + to fold out some stuff.

What you need in situations like this are your opponent's continuation bet and double barrel frequencies. With no reads, folds are probably good. But if he's double barreling a ton in 3bet pots (some regs do, some almost never do..) then you're going to need to look him up sometimes.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, seems like u guys r prob right, i didnt wanna 4bet in these particular ones cause I felt it would seem like a frustrated bluff. But I agree that calling with these hands against a wide re-raising range, 100bb effective stacks and no real reads is prob gonna be burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

the villain in your hands is someone I'm staking/coaching. The first hand u have to fold pre-flop, and probably raise the flop if you want to continue. we had KQ btw. the second hand is tough but the only thing you only beat a bluff so folding is probably standard. we had A8hh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it was very frustrating to play ur student or w/e he is, but i dont think those plays r necessarily good against most nl100 players - hand 1, a huge pot size bet on the turn with ur hand will only be looked up by a bluff catcher IMO (which is rare given the size of the pot and how strong ur line is), while I could easily have u beat. Hand 2, making ppl fold full houses at nl100 is gonna be burning money IMO, especially if hes frustrated with u. But he did get the better of me in those spots so congrats I guess. As a sidenote, if u guys decide not to 4bet bluff a particular time against a light 3bettor - what sorts of hands r u seeing a flop with in position and oop?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he is 3betting light then the TT is a 4bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:47 PM

H1, fold preflop, I push the flop.

H2 is tough. Don't mind folding or stacking off on the turn depending on flow.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, seems like u guys r prob right, i didnt wanna 4bet in these particular ones cause I felt it would seem like a frustrated bluff. But I agree that calling with these hands against a wide re-raising range, 100bb effective stacks and no real reads is prob gonna be burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

the villain in your hands is someone I'm staking/coaching. The first hand u have to fold pre-flop, and probably raise the flop if you want to continue. we had KQ btw. the second hand is tough but the only thing you only beat a bluff so folding is probably standard. we had A8hh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it was very frustrating to play ur student or w/e he is, but i dont think those plays r necessarily good against most nl100 players - hand 1, a huge pot size bet on the turn with ur hand will only be looked up by a bluff catcher IMO (which is rare given the size of the pot and how strong ur line is), while I could easily have u beat. Hand 2, making ppl fold full houses at nl100 is gonna be burning money IMO, especially if hes frustrated with u. But he did get the better of me in those spots so congrats I guess. As a sidenote, if u guys decide not to 4bet bluff a particular time against a light 3bettor - what sorts of hands r u seeing a flop with in position and oop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in the first hand if we check you check behind w/ all hands we beat and we really can't c/f, but if you bet i think you have the best hand more often than if we were to bet and you call. as for the bet size i think our time bank was running out so we just made sure we got a bet in.

also ur stats at least indicated you could be a decent player who would be very capable of folding 99/TT there. i do agree that you should just shove the flop tho.

i strongly disagree that you should be 4-betting TT pf in this spot. if we were 3-betting light then you take the pot down pf but if we have a legit hand our 5-bet shoving range has ur TT crushed. however if you call, you get a c-bet a ton of the time and you can just shove flop while being ahead of our range and taking down a bigger pot more often. I almost never call 3-bets oop unless I have a good hand or I plan on c/ring a lot of flops.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:42 PM

start 4bet shoving with some Axs, AK and KK.