Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
...and the Australian cricket team was in the Caribbean for the Cricket World Cup earlier this year... which they won comprehensively. Proof of a conspiracy?

People had been commenting on Gilchrist's superhuman batting, and Ricky Ponting's very quick reflexes. No normal human being could have clobbered so many sixes out of the stadium as Matty Hayden. Maybe they were superusers too...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots of superusers in a lot of sports(super= steroids).
Old 10-24-2007, 10:25 PM

adanthar,

I'm sorry man, I was just having some fun. I've had a few drinks tonight. I was leveling Josem, and joking about my "accusation". I was just having fun with you Josem, and I know who you are and what you've done. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar,

I'm sorry man, I was just having some fun. I've had a few drinks tonight. I was leveling Josem, and joking about my "accusation". I was just having fun with you Josem, and I know who you are and what you've done. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a problem. the last couple of these threads have seen enough total idiots that I'm beginning to lose track of who's who, so now I'm pretty close to a clean slate, ban everyone for a first offense policy. hope it works out!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused.

What was the point of this statement? Didn't they just repeat random crap they've said in the 1st statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point of this statement is to begin the incremental process of distorting the factual record in order to preserve their viability as a business. In this statement, they begin by rewriting some important history.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe gary could just do a:

-gg

instead??

[/ QUOTE ]

That actually might help keep me off tilt when I see his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

My signature tilts you?

GG

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it tilts everyone (myself included). Please remove it or just put - Gary
Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But doesn't the KGC own AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But former Chief Joe Norton does. And I assume that those at the KGC at a minimum like Mr Norton.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the former chief of the tribe the KGC belongs to independently bought out AP recently? I guess the chief to that tribe gets paid rather well. Wasn't AP worth several hundred million?

[/ QUOTE ]

Together, AP and UB would be worth that much. There are some very wealthy Chiefs. Norton is one of them. I think I read that the server facilities generate a profit of more than twenty million dollars a year. The gaming license fees are more than ten million a year, not counting the up front $15,000 each must pay (another $15 million came in that way). And Mr Norton is associated with a firm which sells cigarettes, billions of them. The very high tax rate on cigarettes in the nations neighboring the Kahnawake reservation, the USA and Canada, give the tribal firm an advantage. They may have sold a billion dollars worth of cigarettes so far. Twenty million a year here, ten million a year there, a billion or so receipts for cigarettes there - can add up to some serious money, enough to put down a substantial sum for a gambling firm owned by Americans at risk of jail in their home country looking frantically for a buyer. They might well agree to sell on relatively easy terms - so many tens of millions down, the rest in easy payments. So we tend to think of such people as poor, living in a beat up old trailer, driving a car like mine, but that's not always true you no account pale face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, even if Joe Norton could afford to buy, why would you assume the owners would sell a company that spits out $100,000,000 faster than Jenny Woo can take off her shirt?

Absolute wasn't selling post-UIGEA, they were buying Ultimate Bet, and they got a [censored] bargain.

[ QUOTE ]
"My impression of AJ was that he was like one of the Lost Boys: Sweet, innocent but definitely a bit demented. My type of guy," Woo recalls.

AJ is one of about 4500 who have had a chance to cop a feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.gambling911.com/Jenny-Woo...te-102407.html

PS: Pls to be banning h11 for racism (not sure against which race)?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The question remains as to how the OP came into possession of this latest statement from AP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Their lawyers (maybe KGC's lawyers?) from Montreal emailed it to me.

Edited out the name of the firm just in case they care...
Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So do the Mohawks who own AP have anybody in Costa Rica actually overseeing the company? Or is AP totally run by consultants?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think we know, yet. Part of the question is: "overseeing which company?" Which company or companies are in Costa Rica? The following answers are speculation on my part that seems to fit with what little we do know.

[ QUOTE ]
Because they don't own AP. Scott Tam and however else does. Almost certainly the same group that started the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Scott et al. probably do NOT own AP. They probably own AE - Absolute Entertainment, or some portion of it.

[ QUOTE ]
What evidence is there that Joe Norton doesn't own AP? Someone said - well, checks go to the account of Absolute Entertainment SA, but of course if Norton bought the firm, he would have bought the shares of that company. The websites say Norton owns them. Norton says Norton owns them. Maybe - just maybe - Norton owns them

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there is some evidence that Norton owns AP. We haven't seen any evidence that Norton bought AE, just AP.

Norton makes (some of) his money selllng services to gambling companies. My guess is that AP, which he owns and the AP website, which he owns, are a company that sells the service of running a gambling website to AE. AE owns the proceeds of the gambling.

I get the impression that the CSRs and other people that make contact with the public are in Costa Rica. Who do they work for? Could be AE or AP. It may even be possible that they are owned by Scott and his buddies, and sell their management services, as consultants, to AP.

Then there is the question of Blast Off. There seems to be little information on who owns Blast Off. They are variously reported as owning AP or AE. They purchased UB. Despite this, Tokwiro Enterprises (i.e. Joe Norton) is now shown on UB's website as the owner of UB.

AFAICT, Joe Norton taking ownership of AP and UB's websites came after Blast Off bought UB. This could mean that Norton bought all of AP and UB from Blast Off, or that Norton owns Blast Off. I think a more likely explanation is that, after purchasing UB, Blast Off restructured its holdings a bit. It hived off the web operations and sold those to Norton who runs them as service companies. Blast Off retained control of the gambling proceeds, but put a different ownership face on the part the public sees directly.

Anyway, just wild speculation, based mostly on stuff in these threads. Anybody have a different and better idea about the ownership structure?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 PM

I just put Gary on ignore, quite satisfying as I skip over his posts now.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 PM

Josem, Nat, Adanthar [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

ty for beating down the mob...