Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, I love how easy it is for people not to care if people like me get screwed if Absolute goes down all the way for this.

just pretty sure they'd be singing a different tune if they had 150k on the line here

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but didn't you make a post about how the games were still you good and you were still playing them in one of these threads after everything already started to go down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I don't have much sympathy for the people who should have known better. That doesn't make it right for you to get screwed, but I don't feel very sorry for you, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Know better? I was in a situation where I was stuck a bunch of money. There seemed no possible recourse to get my funds back and nothing close to an admission. The easiest way for me to make it back was to play these ridiculously soft games. The MOMENT i heard about the excel file (before any of these huge threads on 2+2) I requested to get my money out. It's gotten tied up in some bureaucratic snafus before the [censored] hit the fan. As far as I know, the money is still coming, I'm just worried about it now.

Let alone the bankroll withdrawal issue. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people here would have their opinions changed by the 30k I lost to DOUBLEDRAG.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:12 PM

Wow this thread really took off, it was a good read coming back home kinda drunk from the city. Hopefully there'll be even more exciting stuff posted tomorrow when I wake up. This is so sick.

I've already sent the digg.com links to everyone I know who plays poker, and I hope everyone else does whatever they can to make this as mainstream as possible.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, I love how easy it is for people not to care if people like me get screwed if Absolute goes down all the way for this.

just pretty sure they'd be singing a different tune if they had 150k on the line here

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you're coming from but what do you want people to do? Should your name be mentioned in every post? Should we be flying to Costa Rica and drawing up picket signs on the plane?

[/ QUOTE ]
No its just a statement that the people shouting down Dan Druff and now me have no [censored] clue what its like to be in our position, and to accuse him of being paid off, being an idiot, or somehow having less than moral standards by a bunch of people whose buyin is probably less than his big bet is frankly ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. My post was probably based on something taken out of context. I hope that you and others who got taken here get back every cent if not more.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 PM

ike,
you made half a dozen posts in the "lolz super accounts/more damning evidence" thread mentioning your results (to the point where it became a joke), and you started a thread called "Why I'm Still playing at Absolute?" People were telling you the whole time to withdraw, and you kept playing in a way that rubbed a few the wrong way. So, even though we have sympathy for you, you can't say you weren't aware of any risk.

edit: I don't mean for this to be mean-spirited, and I know you're on our side (a bigger part of 'our side' than me, for sure), I'm just trying to clarify a prevailing attitude.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:18 PM

hay guys. lets all discuss ikes personal situation for the rest of this thread. ike ike ike. talk about ike. ike ike.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:18 PM

I was very aware of the risk. I'm just very sure that all the purists assaulting dan druff wouldn't be if we were in this situation.

The thread posts were in response to several ppl asking me why I still played on Abso, it was before the second round of allegations came around. I was simply making my money back and more

I just called abso, the withdrawal shouldn't be an issue. I'm still nervous obv until it gets back
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 PM

Whats the latest on that guy calling back Dan Druff? Is he still waiting for him to call back?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 PM

I've played a ton of hands with Ugaistheteam at AP. I too was kind of surprised by how he won so many MTT's at AP but he played a ton of cash games and was a slight winner and talked to players all the time. I've seen him get raped too at the tables. As mentioned, stop the witchhunts. Thepokerdb screenshots are the kind of thing we are looking for even if it didn't pan out. Speculation about people that won tourneys 3 years ago that post here are not what we are looking for. FWIW I've won a GTD at AP and I am no better then average at NLHE.

Stick to the topic at hand and not ruin the credibility of all involved in the investigation.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you're coming from but what do you want people to do? Should your name be mentioned in every post? Should we be flying to Costa Rica and drawing up picket signs on the plane?

[/ QUOTE ]
No its just a statement that the people shouting down Dan Druff and now me have no [censored] clue what its like to be in our position, and to accuse him of being paid off, being an idiot, or somehow having less than moral standards by a bunch of people whose buyin is probably less than his big bet is frankly ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, [censored] you, dude. [censored] you. You STILL don't realize how big this is.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 PM

fwiw- I don't think Druff was assaulted as much as is being made out.
Agreed that saying Druff was being paid off was ridiculous.
That some felt the need to say stuff like that is unfortunate.
I don't think Druff or many of us thought he was necessarily looking thru tinted glasses, but I do think he misread what the initial reaction might be.
That said his work has been invaluable and I would encourage him to explore avenues to get back what he was cheated.
I encourage you to explore all avenues to getting your money. I know it's a tough situation.

At this point resolving that aspect is only a start in most people's thoughts.

I do hope it happens though.
Closed Thread