Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

[ QUOTE ]
Edyta is really cute in rehearsals. She looks a lot better without all the makeup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...very cute w/o makeup...makeup gives her Eastern European features too many sharp angles...
Old 10-16-2007, 03:03 AM

Boondocks is on right now
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM

How much do we love this girl?

Old 10-16-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much do we love this girl?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] i need to start watching this show
Old 10-16-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AMERICA'S MOST SMARTEST MODEL!!!!

Geeze, this is great stuff. Male and female models compete in modeling tasks as well as brain power tests given by none other than Ben Stein.

We live in an amazing time, People.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like something you made up Dom. Are you serious that this is a real show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!! It's a real show on VH1 on saturdays or sundays, i can't remember which...but it's taking over Brett Michael's Rock of Love spot...

you HAVE to watch this show. It's incredible.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:54 PM

I've got a complaint about DWTS...the music choices are horrible. I don't want to see them do a Waltz to "Just the Way You Are," you know? And the Superman theme?? WTF??
Old 10-16-2007, 03:14 PM

This is a fair criticism, and there are several reasons for it.

1. Music at professional ballroom competitions is generally horrible. They choose all manner of cheesy crap just so long as it has the right beat.

2. The producers clearly want to popularize ballroom in this show by picking songs that people know. It makes people think about dancing to songs that they hear often.

3. They patently refuse to use the same song twice. To my knowledge, they've never reused any songs from any season in another season, and other than the events when the point is for the stars to dance to the same song, the stars always dance to different songs. This isn't a huge deal for many dances, like jive and foxtrot, where there's a huge library to pick from. However, for paso doble, there's basically ONE paso doble song. Any ballroom competition you go to, you'll be guaranteed to hear some version that song during the paso doble round. Naturally, that song was used long ago, and while I've heard variations on the theme once or twice since, the producers basically have to dig deep in order to find paso doble music. Tango is also pretty shallow when it comes to popular music that fits. Even waltz is not as deep as you'd thing, since 3/4 time has been out of favor in popular music for some time now.

4. Even beyond the above issues, they still have to get licenses for the music they use, and copyrights can be a bitch sometimes. That can whittle the population of available songs down even further.

What music were you hoping to see, Dom? More classical?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:17 PM

Cliff Clavin is dancing? Awesome!

Ehh ... here's a little known step ...
Old 10-16-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a fair criticism, and there are several reasons for it.

1. Music at professional ballroom competitions is generally horrible. They choose all manner of cheesy crap just so long as it has the right beat.

2. The producers clearly want to popularize ballroom in this show by picking songs that people know. It makes people think about dancing to songs that they hear often.

3. They patently refuse to use the same song twice. To my knowledge, they've never reused any songs from any season in another season, and other than the events when the point is for the stars to dance to the same song, the stars always dance to different songs. This isn't a huge deal for many dances, like jive and foxtrot, where there's a huge library to pick from. However, for paso doble, there's basically ONE paso doble song. Any ballroom competition you go to, you'll be guaranteed to hear some version that song during the paso doble round. Naturally, that song was used long ago, and while I've heard variations on the theme once or twice since, the producers basically have to dig deep in order to find paso doble music. Tango is also pretty shallow when it comes to popular music that fits. Even waltz is not as deep as you'd thing, since 3/4 time has been out of favor in popular music for some time now.

4. Even beyond the above issues, they still have to get licenses for the music they use, and copyrights can be a bitch sometimes. That can whittle the population of available songs down even further.

What music were you hoping to see, Dom? More classical?

[/ QUOTE ]

just music that fits the style of dance...music that the original creator of that style of dance might have been listening to, I guess. I couldn't watch some of the dances because of the horrible music...I just fast-forwarded through them.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff Clavin is dancing? Awesome!

Ehh ... here's a little known step ...

[/ QUOTE ]

He was last season.