Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: 200 nl (pocket pair turned into bluff)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm rep exactly AJ KJs QJs JTs J9s or 99/33

Can he call with AA/KK/QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are repping TT or a set.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising is pretty much repping what OP has 60% of the time and a set 40% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
So shouldn't he just reverse these to make it unprofitable for his opponent to look him up? Adjust his bluffing frequency to have a midpair 40% of the time and a set 60% of the time when he raises on the flop so that his opponent can't profitably call the raise
Old 10-08-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising is pretty much repping what OP has 60% of the time and a set 40% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
So shouldn't he just reverse these to make it unprofitable for his opponent to look him up? Adjust his bluffing frequency to have a midpair 40% of the time and a set 60% of the time when he raises on the flop so that his opponent can't profitably call the raise

[/ QUOTE ]

well yea, he could only raise sets and raise them 100% of the time, but you'd have to be playing vs. a monkey to make that profitable. If you're raising here with a range heavily weighted towards sets then anyone reasonably competent is going to make it unprofitable for you to set mine against.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:30 AM

Results: Fold

To answer a previous question: I would play a set like this 80% of the time, I typically raise instead of call.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:37 PM

but gug01, its pretty difficult for you to have a set here considering the board.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:08 PM

i'm pretty lost in this thread, maybe somebody can help me out.

let's say hero held QJs+. He's not raising this super dry board because villain is a TAG reg and can blow him off any TP hands with a 3/bet? So a raise here by hero is only AA, 2p, and set?

and as such, if hero does have QJs+ and he flat calls the flop here, what does hero do on a blank turn (not the turned jack, but another low card)? Hero now calls the turn bet hoping to pick off a double barrel, or he raises and turns his TP hand into a bluff?

Or most likely, hero auto folds turn against a UTG TAG.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty lost in this thread, maybe somebody can help me out.

let's say hero held QJs+. He's not raising this super dry board because villain is a TAG reg and can blow him off any TP hands with a 3/bet? So a raise here by hero is only AA, 2p, and set?

and as such, if hero does have QJs+ and he flat calls the flop here, what does hero do on a blank turn (not the turned jack, but another low card)? Hero now calls the turn bet hoping to pick off a double barrel, or he raises and turns his TP hand into a bluff?

Or most likely, hero auto folds turn against a UTG TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

here doesnt raise QJ because...

1.) villian raised UTG. huge hand is being projected
2.) what does a raise accomplish? we fold out hands we beat (AQ/AK/TT), we keep in hands we are beat by, and those hands that beat us will 3b us sometimes which cuts all IO out.
3.) a raise does nothing but burn money on fire at high speed

as for the turn...u can generally safely fold to a dub barrel. folding to the turn is generally a good idea. and raising is a near must if improved (to work stacks in, and to also not allow an overpr a free shot at the pot)
Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM

Flop/turn play here screams of 2+2 inspired FPS. Just fold and move on. You can get carried away with this muliple level thinking if you allow it to happen.
I can hear you now at your computer.."No one plays sets like this, and villian knows it, therefore if I play it like this, he'll think I really have a set...man, I'm messing with his mind now..."