Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Default REALLY Deep help on all streets .01/.02NL

Villan was 24/13/3 over 221 hands and has some tricks in his bag. I was running about 22/16/3. I know I should have raised PF but I had 2 big hands on other tables and didnt want to time out so i quickly hit call. Other than that let me know if all streets were played fine if not please let me know what you would have done differently.

Table 'Thetis' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: UTG ($4.76 in chips)
Seat 3: jasonfish11 ($9.39 in chips)
Seat 4: BTN ($5.84 in chips)
Seat 5: SB ($2.97 in chips)
Seat 6: BB ($14.73 in chips)
SB: posts small blind $0.01
BB: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jasonfish11 [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
UTG: folds
jasonfish11: calls $0.02
BTN: calls $0.02
SB: calls $0.01
BB: checks
*** FLOP *** [2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
novauniao: checks
BB: bets $0.08
jasonfish11: raises $0.16 to $0.24
BTN: folds
SB: folds
BB: raises $0.88 to $1.12
jasonfish11: calls $0.88
*** TURN *** [2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB: bets $2
jasonfish11: calls $2
*** RIVER *** [2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
SOREWINNER joins the table at seat #2
BB: checks
jasonfish11: checks

After the flop B3B I put BBs range on 2 pair (or TPGK, or a semi bluff draw) because he would raise PF with TT or KK. But he knows that if I raise the flop Im going to bet the turn when checked to. So if he flopped a set of 2s then he can check raise the turn and get more money there. I only called due to how deep we were. Im not sure if he has seen me raise a flush draw yet but I do that occasionally in this spot.

Let me know what you would have done differently on any street. Still learning a lot all help is appreciated. I figured I could make the call on the flop because we were soooo deep and my reads on BB. I was thinking about shoving the turn but figured he had at least 2 pair and I had very little FE.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: REALLY Deep help on all streets .01/.02NL

i dont know a whole about how 1/2 cent plays -- that said, id suggest u fold the turn because there are very few hands u beat that arent bluffs
Old 09-27-2007, 04:31 PM

The raise on the flop is fine, but IMO i fold to his reraise. You are most likely looking at AK or K 10.

Even with that third spade on the board, I think I also fold turn.

BTW his check on the river def. makes me think he has K 10, but A K is also a possibility.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM

In 6m- I'm raising this up to $0.09 pre flop.(but you already addressed that issue).

It's always hard to put the BB on a hand in an unraised pot. Villain is a decent TAG (from stats) so unless I have a good trapping hand, I'll let him bluff at these small pots. It's so hard to put BB on any hand in an unraised pot so after his 3bet flop, I'd probably run from my TP2K. Seems like he's protecting something from the flush draw.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Fold to flop reraise...
Fold turn...picked up a few draws but a 4th spade/straight card will probably kill any action

edit: ur deep and I don't like risking much of my stack in an unraised pot with TP2k
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Thanks to all the replys. I guess I got lucky this time hitting a bigger 2 pair but after I felt like I made the wrong play (multiple times) even though we were really deep.