Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: AA gets checkraised by Tight villain

I think its an easy fold.Even if it was me , and im pretty aggro.Since your read of his checkraising range is sets 2 pairs big draws ect...just fold it.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM

I muck this
unless he c/rs often
Old 09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
How would villain play 88-TT. Donkbet all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember seing him checkraise before on a drawy board against another player, and the flush got there on 4th street. He bet big again and oponent folded. I`m almost sure he did had a big draw there and checkraised. he doesn`t CRs frequently tho.

TBH I`m not sure regarding him checkraising 88-TT there. Interesting, it`s probably a strong play, I might reevaluate my game and consider doing this on this type of boards oop. It`s really hard to call that CR. If I would be villain, my range is sets/big draws, 2pair.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:23 PM

I think I call this and pray the turn is a blank and go with it there. Our equity may kinda suck -- with two cards to come. But we all know what happens when the turn blanks on a combo draw and his equity doesn't smack us down with only one card. If he's got the Asxs type hand, his equity is far lower than he thinks.

Why the smallish flop bet? Smells of missed overs...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 PM

He could easily think you missed this flop, and one way to find out is to call him and watch his action on the turn. He could have a middle-pair and think its good here, he could even have a hand like Ax and think the pair was enough and that you were c-betting and hes getting you off of over cards.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM

Bet $4 on flop for value and to minimize playback. I don't see how a 18/15 has many hands such as A4ss and 98ss in his range cold-calling from the SB. So with the description you gave, I'm pretty sure you're WB the majority of his range and flipping with a negligible portion provided he never c/r hands like 99 here. Fold.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:15 PM
 is offline

Ok, if I do call flop, I have to decide here what line to take on turn if:
1) villain bets 2/3 pot
2) villain checks

Is this correct ?
1) fold
2) shove (anything less, we are giving him pretty decent odds with a big draw, correct?)
Old 09-11-2007, 03:46 PM

I can't fold aces here, we are in position and he could have alot of hands that we beat. If you c-bet alot he can even think that you missed your hand and c/r with AT+s, 88+ and such hands, no? Doesn't a villain like this play his flushdraws like he played this hand? Another thing to have in mind is that if he is fairly competent he knows that a flop like this is perfect to (semi)bluff against your range. The only hands we would not like him to have here is 33, 55 and 66. No way this guy calls with a hand like 74s.

I think it's way to weak to just fold this. One argument I buy is that you've not invested alot of money in the hand, don't wan't to play big pots against this specific opponent and therefore just lay it down. But if theres not a) alot of terrible players on the table or b) you make money overall against this guy playing small pots, and c-bet him alot(if he folds easy to c-bets) or whatever, I think you should find another table.

I call and see what happens on the turn. If he checks to me I bet big, if he bets out; THEN i fold.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Villain has a pocket pair IMO, With his stats i can't see him calling OOP with AXs. I mean his 3 bet was a little bigger than i would expect so it doesnt seem to me like he has a draw. So with that i would fold. On the other hand you could argue that there are alot of hands he could have like AJs A10s 1010 99 etc. So in conclusion to this i think that a fold is perhaps not allways the right move and you could find a reason to just call, but in the end if he checks the turn when a rag hits your still in one sticky situation.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM

I think people are leaving out AJs, ATs, A9s,A8s, A7s