Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Im kinda new to this forum, but i need ur help plzzzzzzzzz

[ QUOTE ]
If your playin poker seriously and taking classes, how do you manage your time to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it unlikely that you could be a successful full-time student and play poker "seriously." One or the other would have to suffer a bit for you to be as successful as possible at the other.

You might be able to succeed in school if you treat poker like a part-time job and only play during the hours that you would otherwise be working. But be careful not to keep playing past your stop time (i.e. when you're stuck, or deep in a tournament, or in a good game, etc.). You'd need a lot of self-discipline not to let poker creep into your study, class, and socializing time. And don't underestimate the importance of socializing in college. It's an important part of the process.

[ QUOTE ]
Second qurestion is: do you think its wise to maybe take a break from poker for a semester?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But not necessary if you can limit your time to a few hours a day like a part-time job.

This is probably the wrong forum, too. The Psych forum is usually where stuff like this ends up.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so if your not familiar with tournaments at all pretend i won 166 buyins at 5/10 this year instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Well ovb its not the same thuing christ, just trying to make a point IM [censored] THILTHY RICH, but i have other commitments, ehich also mean a lot to me. J fish i know ur a good player, maybe u could actually makie a useful suggestion, because i know im not the only one on the forums who has this problem.

yes, winning the mill and winning 166 buy ins are 5/10 are the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you won the million? wow you must be the COMPLETE PACKAGE, and a great VERSATILE player!

[/ QUOTE ] if u werent so ignorant u would have noticed i have a lot of hands at 2/4 to 3/6 and won at a healthy rate. Plz keep the posts relevant. (I would play u HU until my fingers started bleeding, but thats not the point)
Old 09-07-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so if your not familiar with tournaments at all pretend i won 166 buyins at 5/10 this year instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

haha im not sure why i laughed at this, but i did.

Also, i refuse to read the OP until it is paragraphed.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

yep the million proves you can consistently beat cash games =constant source of income!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 PM

When I'm in school I just play how much ever I feel like it. Usually that's <10hrs/week. Just have fun, like ski said don't let poker take over. Just do what you want. this post is extremely lame.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Man, honestly I don't know why all you guys that can beat mid stakes are still in school. I finished school and am currently not using my degree for jack [censored]. I don't think alot of you realize how good we have it. You can always go back and get your degree if u want, but there may come a day when we can't play online poker and you will have sacrificed hundreds of thousands of dollars for some stupid sheet of paper that you could have gone back to get anyways.

I know 99.99% of this forum disagrees w/ me, but I think right now the money is more important than the degree. I finished up school while party poker was still around, and I'd give anything to go back and play another million hands on party instead of going to [censored] class. Don't get me wrong, the college atmosphere is a TON of fun, but you can still live a college lifestyle w/ all your friends, go to all the parties, but isntead of going to class, put in the hours getting hands in, you can make in 2 years what most of your friends will make their first decade out of school.....

As I said, I know most disagree, but that's just my 2 cents
Old 09-07-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, honestly I don't know why all you guys that can beat mid stakes are still in school. I finished school and am currently not using my degree for jack [censored]. I don't think alot of you realize how good we have it. You can always go back and get your degree if u want, but there may come a day when we can't play online poker and you will have sacrificed hundreds of thousands of dollars for some stupid sheet of paper that you could have gone back to get anyways.

I know 99.99% of this forum disagrees w/ me, but I think right now the money is more important than the degree. I finished up school while party poker was still around, and I'd give anything to go back and play another million hands on party instead of going to [censored] class. Don't get me wrong, the college atmosphere is a TON of fun, but you can still live a college lifestyle w/ all your friends, go to all the parties, but isntead of going to class, put in the hours getting hands in, you can make in 2 years what most of your friends will make their first decade out of school.....

As I said, I know most disagree, but that's just my 2 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this to some extent, but I do think it's important, that if you do do poker instead of school, that you play a lot and build up a ton in savings rather than try to just make like 2-300k a year.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 PM

guys not many ppl have won the million. even i havent. this is extremely relevant, pls keep ur comments on topic.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 PM

This is a dumb thread. You won the Sunday mill OP, you can do whatever you want.