Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Got my results today; me-...her+, what would you do?

Need Pics/videos of promiscuous past before we can accurately provide expert advice. Thx.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:13 AM

The bigger question is why are you not in with the incrowd? If your in the 10% crowd of not having it..maybe she just likes you for ur money?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those that say it aint a big deal, have you ever had a relationship with a girl who had it?

Those of you that have it (hsv1) do you tell your prospective gf's or even random hookups you have it?

[/ QUOTE ]

my current gf of 5 years has it, i got it from her ldo. i've gotten maybe 2 cold sores in the last 5 years.

there is no need to tell anyone you have it imo. many people have it, its a non-deal, and you only really risk getting it if the person has a cold sore, and they're hard to miss.

the odds of getting teh herp on your wang from a girl with oral herp are really small. don't get blown while she has a cold sore. if you have oral herp, the odds of you also getting genital herp (from either herp 1 or herp 2) are very small.

and also, all the numbers being quoted that 90% of people have hsv1 are correct, or in the ballpark. there are 8 types of herpes, don't remember them all well but there are 2 that nobody has ever heard of, that there's a 95% chance you have. then there's mono, and chicken pox. herpes viruses are AWESOME at infecting people.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 PM

When I was 16 I was with this girl in my bed...she told me she'd give me head but she had a cold sore and didn't want to give it to me. I said f that and took the head.

Seriously, hsv1 isn't a big deal
Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 PM

Your edit was too fast, you bastard.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:02 PM

i am quite the ninja editer
Old 09-06-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Those that say it aint a big deal, have you ever had a relationship with a girl who had it?

Those of you that have it (hsv1) do you tell your prospective gf's or even random hookups you have it?

[/ QUOTE ]

my current gf of 5 years has it, i got it from her ldo. i've gotten maybe 2 cold sores in the last 5 years.

there is no need to tell anyone you have it imo. many people have it, its a non-deal, and you only really risk getting it if the person has a cold sore, and they're hard to miss.

the odds of getting teh herp on your wang from a girl with oral herp are really small. don't get blown while she has a cold sore. if you have oral herp, the odds of you also getting genital herp (from either herp 1 or herp 2) are very small.

and also, all the numbers being quoted that 90% of people have hsv1 are correct, or in the ballpark. there are 8 types of herpes, don't remember them all well but there are 2 that nobody has ever heard of, that there's a 95% chance you have. then there's mono, and chicken pox. herpes viruses are AWESOME at infecting people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx for your post. The girl I am with is asymptomatic, never had an outbreak. Does that mean it is relatively difficult to contract it? Also b/c she never has had an outbreak, it is unknown what area of her body is infected woth HSV1, does that make a difference?

Also,while you started dating your girl, but before you contracted it, did you take any measures to try to prevent it? Tx.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, man, these guys aren't doctors(FWIW I am). Not worth the risk, Herp 1 turns into Herp 2 all the time.

Why don't you PM me her contact info and I'll see about hooking her up with some [censored], but you should just kind ignore her for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

FlyWf is right. Herp 1 does turn into Herp 2 all the time. The only way to turn it back into 1 is by banging a girl who has Herp 2. This confuses your Herp 2 into thinking that it's Herp 1 again and it changes back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drink a Dr. Pepper after sex and you will be immune.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 AM

OP,

This is nothing to worry about.... As the various posters have cited, MOST of us have been exposed to HSV-1, which manifests itself in the form of a cold sore, which is often triggered by stress or some other factor which triggers an immuno-suppression, allowing the virus to emerge.

Other than the obvious physical unattractiveness, it is truly not a big deal. Most people who are symptomatic recognize the precursor "tingle", and can start meds which significantly reduce the duration and/or development of the cold sore.

She can transmit the virus when "shedding" but still asymptomatic, but if you are immune (very likely), there is again, nothing to worry about.

In short, you'll be fine..... think of it as an inconvenience.... certainly nothing to end a relationship over.

peace, mondo