Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: FTP account suspended during play

"I have no idea how they connected the accounts, im assuming some same play from the same ip? Or maybe transfers? They also closed one of my friends accounts that has logged in from my home comp as well"

Is there anything you didnt do to look shady???
Old 08-26-2007, 12:18 AM

well the only account that was bad was my brothers, i mentioned my other friends account because it was also mistakenly closed...

I know the things you highlighted look shady 5th st, but its really innocent. My brother and I live together so we play from the same IP and is transferring funds amongst friends a shady procedure? I'm sure you guys transfer to each other, but correct me if im wrong.

They've already cleared us of any collusion, so plain and simple they just wanted the 50 my brother owed on his account.

Its just tough even if they reimburse my buyins because i feel i couldve made final tables of both MTTs easily. But I guess at the same time I couldve lost and gotten nothing.

Seems the best thing to do now is be patient...

thanks for the help so far fellas
Old 08-26-2007, 01:02 AM

You might try sending a PM to FTPSean here on the forums. He's a FTP Security representative and has been pretty proactive in getting these things resolved for 2p2 members. He generally doesn't respond directly in these threads due to private nature so I'd say contacting him via PM is the best way to go.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:05 AM

How would they know that you and your brother aren't the same. Don't say you have different bank/cc accounts that doesn't mean a thing. I play online under three accounts--all different names--different banks and different cc's. I am very careful that none of my accounts are on at the same time and that all of accounts are on the up and up. Tell me again, how do they know????
Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 AM

thanks cyberpunk i'll try doing that if I don't hear back from the security guy I was working with in the next couple days.

and poorolrich i have no idea what your point is. i guess since its obviously so easy to multi account like you do, everyone else must be too. I'm sure they have a way as my other friends' accounts haven't been suspended and they've definitely played from my computer on their accounts a couple times.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would they know that you and your brother aren't the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares, this is a $50 chargeback not a hacking attempt in progress.

lock accounts all you want - obviously this is all standard - but don't do it in the middle of a session, and especially not an MTT. I can just imagine this happening in the middle of a final table. that'd be awesome.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would they know that you and your brother aren't the same. Don't say you have different bank/cc accounts that doesn't mean a thing. I play online under three accounts--all different names--different banks and different cc's. I am very careful that none of my accounts are on at the same time and that all of accounts are on the up and up. Tell me again, how do they know????

[/ QUOTE ]

you have bank accounts in 3 different names?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lock accounts all you want - obviously this is all standard - but don't do it in the middle of a session, and especially not an MTT. I can just imagine this happening in the middle of a final table. that'd be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part that baffles but doesn't shock me if true coming from Full Tilt.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:30 PM

People just have to learn that it just isnt worth doing things like multiple accounts,multiple players playing on same computers,ever tranfers if not absolutely nec if you have any significant amount of money at risk.There have been just too many horror stories with these common links at certain sites,most notably FTP,to make it worth taking this risk.I in no way meant to imply you did anything wrong b8080499.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:00 PM

Yea I've been very patient so far, but i think enough is enough.

Over the weekend, my account was reopened so I began playing again...and guess what? all of a sudden im locked again. In the middle of another MTT. This time I've gotten no response, however regular support did contact me about which size shirt I want for cracking one of their pros.

I think after this is settled I'm going to have to migrate over to stars.

thanks for all the help and see you guys on the tables!