Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: FTP Regs Thread

tubasteve,

the mistake isn't that they raise a wide range and fold to the 3-bet. the mistake is that they never make up for it by 3-betting players who are tight, raise a lot in lp, and fold to the 3-bet.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:20 PM

ppl who 3bet light out of the blinds are so exploitable

EDIT: but by all means continue to 3b light oop if BTN raiser won't do anything about it
Old 08-15-2007, 01:32 PM

I mean so long as your 3betting ahead of their range ur fine.. 3betting like 67s on the othe rhand..
Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tubasteve,

the mistake isn't that they raise a wide range and fold to the 3-bet. the mistake is that they never make up for it by 3-betting players who are tight, raise a lot in lp, and fold to the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're just saying if you raise/fold a lot you have to 3-bet a lot
Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 PM

i'm not necessarily saying you have to 3-bet a lot. you just have to be observant of when a tagfish is blindly raising his button with no intentions of adjusting when he continually gets run over. also, raise-folding to the 3-bet is standard for any good player but when it keeps happening from the same guy, you have to adjust and call light and switch it up.

i look at these guys as exploitable because they never adjust unless i hammer on them every time (which i don't).

jonyy,

i agree if i always 3-bet light oop i'm going to be super exploitable. i don't. i mix it up with flat calling sometimes to float and do other things on good flops, and folding. the whole point is if you do the same thing every time (fold every hand to the unimaginative tagfish, or raise blindly without ever adjusting) then you're just begging to get run over.

the guys i have trouble with are the guys that 3-bet me a significant amount of the time. it's never enough where i can justify starting to really loosen my play and go to war, but it's enough to piss me off.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 PM

Thoughts on me? I've been absolutely spewing to a lot you nits lately so I'm sure you have *some* positive feelings. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 PM

nation, is your sn outed?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don ket e37 spews A LOT (by his own admision) dunno if he's changed recently tho

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Dan Bitel. You know me to well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Been doing most of my spewing at higher stakes and almost went busto losing 9k one night playing 5/10 plo. But I've been pretty solid in these games, although I do have my occasional monkey tilt sessions. I think the datamining guy may have missed me. Since 7/1 I've got 27k at 6.3ptbb/100. On the year I've got 122k at 5.4ptbb/100 at full tilt 200nl. Bit of a brag yes but more of a ploy to keep you damn 2p2ers away from my tables if I can (doubt it will work). Running hot this month at a bit over 8 and up 4k over 13000 but should be up more if not for some 2 4 loses. May move up soon. I think there are a number of good solid 200nl regs and don't really feel like listing them all and looking through my pokertracker for them. A couple that come to mind

Spear1 - good player we go at it sometimes, but haven't seen him much lately.

Philluva - very good but usually plays 2 4

wuleq - gives me trouble also plays a lot of 2 4 though

sweetoldbroad - think is playing higher than 2 4 now but a pain when he plays 1 2

like I said there are a bunch of good regs who I doubt I make much money off at all but fortunately there are still a ton of really poor players at 1 2 that have enough for us all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] may make another contribution to talk about players when I have more time. Oh yeah, West eh you seem really solid from the 800 hands I have on you. gla
Old 08-15-2007, 02:34 PM

I don't think I've played with anyone of you.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:37 PM

don is the man.

maulik runs super hot in his AA > my QQ obv.
Closed Thread