Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: NFL Preseason Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Compliments to you guys. Jags/Colts fans seem to be the only ones around here who can intelligently discuss divisional games (not sure if you guys consider that a rivalry)

[/ QUOTE ]

After years of the Texans making your team their bitch you realize that division games aren't walk overs. Though I hate the Titans with every bit of hate I have(thus I can never really say the Jags could lose to them though I know its a possibility).

Cody,

42-14 would make my head exxxxplode. Between that and 1500 Manning/Young commercials this year.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:26 PM

This is a little shameful to admit, but I hadn't taken more then a cursory glance at our schedule this year, this has potential.

Thu 9/6 New Orleans 8:30 pm W (close but this seems like a battle of Offenses, ship it to Peyton and Co.)
Sun 9/16 at Tennessee 1:00 pm W
Sun 9/23 at Houston 1:00 pm W
Sun 9/30 Denver 4:15 pm W (Honestly, even though I'm sure this jinxes it, the Colts don't lose to Denver, add all the CBs you want, Peyton still hands them a plate of their ass with all the trimmings)
Sun 10/7 Tampa Bay 4:05 pm W
bye
Mon 10/22 at Jacksonville 8:30 pm ? (that feels better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Sun 10/28 at Carolina 1:00 pm ? (really unsure of CAR)
Sun 11/4 New England 4:15 pm ? (Leaning towards NE, dammit)
Sun 11/11 at San Diego 8:15 pm L
Sun 11/18 Kansas City 1:00 pm W
Thu 11/22 at Atlanta 8:15 pm W (more Harringtonaments)
Sun 12/2 Jacksonville 1:00 pm W
Sun 12/9 at Baltimore 8:15 pm W (Colts usually do well there, and without the bad weather, I'd expect a better Off. showing)
Sun 12/16 at Oakland 4:05 pm W
Sun 12/23 Houston 1:00 pm W
Sun 12/30 Tennessee 1:00 pm W

Certainly the lynchpin is the 4 game middle stretch, if they beat those teams, it's a short trip to 16-0, but I doubt highly that happens. Still things are looking 11-5/12-4ish no?

Cody
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 PM

The closing schedule for Indy is an absolute joke. What is the scouting report on Baltimore this year? Have to be a fall off from last year right?

Oct 22-Nov 18 is gonna be a tough little stretch. I'm not convinced on Colts defense this year and I have to see it to believe it. But 12-4 is definitely not out of the question.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The closing schedule for Indy is an absolute joke. What is the scouting report on Baltimore this year? Have to be a fall off from last year right?

Oct 22-Nov 18 is gonna be a tough little stretch. I'm not convinced on Colts defense this year and I have to see it to believe it. But 12-4 is definitely not out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the Colts D do three Google searches for the below:
Dwight Freeney
Bob Sanders
Tony Dungy

The players are obvious, and Dungy has proved now that big names in other spots are nice, but not essential. Smaller, faster guys can come together and play. The key, as it has been for some time, is the offense putting points up. The Colts D will eat almost anyone alive when they feel pressured to match Peyton.

The game I'm most excited about is the NE game. I'm thinking it'll be a game alot like the AFC Champ game. Almost totally Offense (save for those first three picks). That shootout would be priceless.

Cody
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM

Giants won't negotiate with Strahan.

Well, they say this to the public. We'll see what they do in private but it looks either like its retirement or get on the field for Strahan. Not sure this can end good. Giants are bringing in Simeon Rice for a physical.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Strahan is in the wrong here? The guy is being a baby. You're an adult - you had the whole offseason to think about retirement. Yet you wait until now, refuse to go to camp and bicker at the team through the media. He's holding the team hostage, and it's crap.

I think the team is taking the right approach: if you want to return, you're more than welcome. If not, we're moving on, goodbye.

Ye gods, the Giants are a mess. I love it [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks Strahan is in the wrong here? The guy is being a baby. You're an adult - you had the whole offseason to think about retirement. Yet you wait until now, refuse to go to camp and bicker at the team through the media. He's holding the team hostage, and it's crap.

I think the team is taking the right approach: if you want to return, you're more than welcome. If not, we're moving on, goodbye.

Ye gods, the Giants are a mess. I love it [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this sort of thing SOP for the Eagles' front office? They dismissed Corey Simon without a second thought.

I don't think anyone thinks Strahan is in the right here except Strahan. I love Michael, I love watching him own Jon Runyan year after year, but he wasn't all that great pre-injury last season and if he's holding out, I can't imagine his head is in the game. I'd like to see one last season for #92 but this is a pitiful way to go out. He's also already lost the PR battle and there's no way he's getting paid $4 million to do anything next year except play football.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 PM

I really think it's funny that people continually discount the Eagles season after season for whatever reason (hey that rhymed). I just don't get it, the team is so well coached and managed, and they've won what, 5 out of the last 6 NFC East titles? That's no small feat.

-They still have Donovan McNabb, who despite the injuries and the playoff debacles, is still one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. I'm interested in seeing how he does if Reid keeps with the balanced attack that he utilized when Jeff Garcia was under center. I think they're the team to beat in the NFC if he balances the pass:run ratio somewhere in the 55:45 range instead of his typical 60:40.
-They still have Brian Westbrook, who is without a doubt the most underrated and under appreciated player in the NFL. I would not be at all surprised to see him go 1,000/1,000 this year.
-They have some solid receivers in Reggie Brown and Hank Baskett, and while I think letting go of Stallworth was a bad decision, they will recover from it (they've done more with less).
-They still have (arguably) the best offensive line in football.
-They still have one of the best defenses in the NFL with Kearse, Dawkins, Sheppherd, Brown, Spikes, etc, regardless of who else is in there, Jim Johnson always has them ready to play their asses off.

As for my 49ers, since there has already been a good review done, anyone who was saying they didn't have an A/A+ offseason is on crack. I think Patrick Willis will be an easy pick for defensive ROY, and will be the anchor in the middle of our defense for some time. Draft was excellent, offseason signings were excellent, I'm stoked about this season [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 09:06 PM

Real Football

Check that out if you want to see football at its best. The Oklahoma drill is one of God's greatest gifts to man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ye gods, the 2007 cellar-dwelling Giants are a mess.

[/ QUOTE ]