Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: TT OOP vs small 4-bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your hand looks pretty [censored] strong to villian and I'm sure he is going to play a lot of hands slowly - including AA (ie possibly checking the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

If my hand look strong then why would he check the flop with AA? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, as I said I don't think his is good with these stacks. What do I do if I cover him, for example?

[/ QUOTE ]

because his flop bet looks even stronger, and on a lot of boards there aren't a lot of scare cards and checking the flop is tricky and deceptive obv [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I didn't really articulate myself well, I just think that it's going to be extremely difficult OOP and that there's a good chance it will end up in you playing guessing games.

edit: I mean,

You call, flop comes 892r you check, he checks. Turn is a 3 bringing a bd flush draw, you check, he bets 2/3 pot, you're already in a [censored] spot, you call. river is a deuce no flush draw, you check, he shoves and it just gets worse when the turn is an A/K (or even other overcard).
Old 07-30-2007, 03:33 PM

Just used 4bet calculator and if he's 3betting 22+,A2s+,KJo,KTs+,QJ,56s+ but calling only with JJ+,AKo,AKs we show an immediate profit of $533.58 and have 40% equity against his calling range.

Of course if his 4bet range is this wide he should be calling with a wider range; but tagfish rarely think like this.

Anyway, shove pf.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b) if so, at what stack size is it better to call the 4-bet than to 5-bet. Or is there in practise never a point where it's better to call a 4 bet OOP with TT than to fold/rr?

[/ QUOTE ]

Using a equity calc with his wide 4bet range and narrow calling range of 5bets it becomes -ev to shove at around $11,000.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
b) if so, at what stack size is it better to call the 4-bet than to 5-bet. Or is there in practise never a point where it's better to call a 4 bet OOP with TT than to fold/rr?

[/ QUOTE ]

Using a equity calc with his wide 4bet range and narrow calling range of 5bets it becomes -ev to shove at around $11,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean that it's best though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean that it's best though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not. Depends on his post flop tendencies; but when we get deeper than ~8,000 there are definitely lines that are more +ev especially if he's fishy.