Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Vista-CONFUSION

Hi I'm new to Vista and was trying it yesterday for the first time and it was confusing it appears it's a much larger jump than from 2000 to XP.

It came preloaded with Vista before I really focus on gettin this setup would it be worth it to run XP on this computer or not?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi I'm new to Vista and was trying it yesterday for the first time and it was confusing it appears it's a much larger jump than from 2000 to XP.

It came preloaded with Vista before I really focus on gettin this setup would it be worth it to run XP on this computer or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

people have said that PAHUD dont work good PT is dodgy ect ect but i like urself got vista i been set up 3days now and no problems.All my software with poker works fine thats all i do reall just poker..
Old 07-18-2007, 08:26 PM

If you get a book on Vista it's not too bad. The book will cost 50 buying Windows XP to put on it if you don't have a copy will run at least twice that much.

If you are staying with Windows you will be here eventually so you may as well jump in know for cheap.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 PM

It does appear at first to be a massive change as i was conffussed for a couple of days now i think it's great.When im on my laptop now it seems like it's something from the 70's [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 PM

I played with Vista on vacation. I thought it was a pretty easy leap. I actually enjoyed it and look forward to it now.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 AM

Does anyone have any experience with Hotkeys in Vista either?

I am primarily playing SNG's looking to 12-16 table tiled with my new monitor. Haven't used hotkeys b4 as I didn't realy need to 6/8-tabling now i'm thinking that it will probably be benefitial.

NB: Should I post this in the STTF as well???
Old 07-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Twice I had FT just straight freeze on me. Timer ticked away as I madly clicked the raise button but nothing happened. I changed the HUD to flicker free and hasn't repeated yet. Can anybody confirm a correlation here?

Devo
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 AM

Try the new beta of PAHUD it may let you use Flicker Free. The first troubleshooting tip for PAHUD was turn off FF and remove any filters, like how many hands before stats show. With the new beta I can use filters and maybe use FF, my machine is fast enough that there wasn't all that much flickering without it.