Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Why is it that i feel like im spewing when my vpip goes over 15?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well at 20/12 you are cold calling a ton

[/ QUOTE ]

could be a lot of overlimping, openlimping too

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but 12% is a pretty wide range to raise, which means you probably aren't overlimping and openlimping too much.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd kill myself if I had to single table full ring 50NL for more than 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]Fortunately, I don't have that issue. I don't see what's wrong with single tabling 50NL- I don't have much of a BR and I'm still learning many aspects of the game. Seems like a good place to be for me.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:26 PM

Do you adjust post flop properly against the various opponents?

I know that seems utterly basic, but just the first thought that popped out
Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM

well, yeah, and my preflop numbers vary widely from table to table (depending on conditions), but the converging stat seems to be 15/12 always. And i don't feel like im playing nitty at all.

I feel like maybe im not 1)defending my blinds 2)threebetting 3)coldcalling as much as other winning players in the game and maybe im giving some ev up.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd kill myself if I had to single table full ring 50NL for more than 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]Fortunately, I don't have that issue. I don't see what's wrong with single tabling 50NL- I don't have much of a BR and I'm still learning many aspects of the game. Seems like a good place to be for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not drop down and 2-table NL 25? The more tables you play the quicker your will improve as a player.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, yeah, and my preflop numbers vary widely from table to table (depending on conditions), but the converging stat seems to be 15/12 always. And i don't feel like im playing nitty at all.

I feel like maybe im not 1)defending my blinds 2)threebetting 3)coldcalling as much as other winning players in the game and maybe im giving some ev up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very recently started cold-calling with suited one gappers and sc while in position because they have provided me a great opportunity to flop draws, call a cbet, and take down a nice pot with a turn semibluff. I only play at NL100, so the aggression from opponents is nonexistent (when you fire semibluff on turn). If you miss flop or turn, these hands are easy to get away from. I never thought I would regularly stack people with 2 pair and be able to keep up with it all while 12 tabling. I also play overaggressive and overbet when I hit with these "weaker" hands. Regardless, when you do hit, STACKOLA!

With this type of play, my stats went from 14/5/1.5 to 17/9/2.5 and I couldn't be happier with my winrate (>4.5ptbb/100 over the last ~60k hands [not including NL200 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]]).
Old 07-03-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not drop down and 2-table NL 25? The more tables you play the quicker your will improve as a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how many times I have been told exactly the opposite in order to improve as a player.

Not saying either way is correct, just sayin
Old 07-03-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think this is exactly wrong. I can 4 table NL50 just fine, but I have a higher win rate (per hand) single tabling because I can pay attention to the players, learn to read hands better, and exploit more player specific tendencies.

I single table BECAUSE I want to get better at the game, and IMHO that takes focus and studying your opponents, something that becomes more difficult to do the more tables you add.

I think I could probably make more money per hour multi-tabling, but I'm not trying to make a living at micro stakes. I'm trying to learn to play better so that I can move up, learn to beat the next level, etc. And I think I'll learn to play better if I take time and focus on all my decisions closely, which I can only do single tabling.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how many times I have been told exactly the opposite in order to improve as a player.

Not saying either way is correct, just sayin

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? I thought playing more hands would = learning quicker.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:25 PM

Lets not drive Renton's post too off topic