Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: I challenge you to post a sexier hand

ugh life tilt
Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: I challenge you to post a sexier hand

Just got back from a pretty weak session. Sit to the left of the woman fish again in like a 4 handed game and as often happens when a whale like myself sits in the game, it fills up. Play for a bit losing every single pot I get in against the fish but win pots against others to fluctuate between up and down a rack as the game goes down to 6 handed.

After Danny leaves we have Rob, LT, Wayne, Steve and me. I use my unimaginative hustling technique of "hey guys let's play higher" and just keep saying it until people want to kill me. Unfortunately Wayne does not want to play and Wayne is the fish so that sorta ruins the whole plan. However he depletes his remaining dollars in record time, leaving it 4 handed. Then Steve gets pissed off, dusts off like 3 racks by winning 0 pots and he leaves. As soon as this happens I go back to "hey guys let's play higher" and we agree to play 80/160. With $10 chips. At this time I'm down about 1500.

We play 80 for a couple hours before some random guy comes in wanting to play 40 and then poops our party by telling the floor on us and he makes us go back to playing 40. This works very well because LT leaves, I say I'll keep playing but change my mind after an orbit and then the guy that ruined our game quits Rob after like 5 minutes. Had we kept playing 80 I am certain that we would all be there at least until 10am and instead the game broke. I ended up winning a bit overall for the night but nothing exciting. 3 handed basically consisted of LT completely holding over Rob, Rob holding over me slightly, me holding slightly over LT and me just having some decent cards to win a couple extra decent pots.

Mike if we're going to Commerce tomorrow aka today call me because I'm going to sleep forever if we're not going, I have no use for the worthless hours of the day before 7pm.

Not a single even remotely interesting hand in the strategy or LC department tonight.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: June Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've won 15 live sessions in a row.

Vegas 6/15-6/17 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

16 is my record.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lost my last ten. The last one was a loss, then a raid. I'm losing to cops now too.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 PM

I broke my streak and WON a fn session

was down -11bb in under 30 min, but managed to turn it round to a 17.5bb win at the end, WOOT

I've decided to go on a hot streak now, winning the next 2000 sessions in a row, starting tonight

jinx

bestest hand was where I slowplayed aces a bit and won a stupid big pot because of it

NOW SHOW ME TEH MONIES!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 PM

lol down 11 BB thats a dream. I was down 50 BB in 20/40 when i decided to move up to the 40/80 and chase my losses. Finally after 12 hours and playing all night i get it back and win $600.

-Oh and PJ, bet raising a guy with a gutshot when he has trip 10s is a bad move. Nice playing with you
--Pete Sampras
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Oh and PJ, bet raising a guy with a gutshot when he has trip 10s is a bad move. Nice playing with you
--Pete Sampras

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it!

OK, a fun hand story that Sailboats is referring to:

A drunken LAG sits down at the table and on his first hand he checkraises the flop and leads the turn (on a 79TJ board) with 75o. River is Q and it goes check-check and the guy with QJ looks insulted.

My turn. The LAG is still chatting it up with everyone, making the table know he's the new captain, and tipping the dealers $10 saying "get yourself a new pair of shoes... from Payless."

An idiot raises first in from the HJ and I 3-bet behind him with KQ from the CO. Drunken LAG calls 3 from OOP in the blinds. The three of us take a flop of ATx which rocks for me because I obviously have the best hand. Checked to me, I bet, both call.

Turn is another T putting a club draw out there, checked to me and I bet and LAG c/r, HJ folds, and it's to me. After his previous play I know his range is much wider than a T here, and I know he can't have an A given his flop play and the way he called PF. I decide he just knows I don't have a T, probably just an A, and wants to get me out.

If a K, Q, or J comes on the river I'm probably best and I might get a value raise in. If an A or club comes I can try to bluff at it. Plus now the pot is offering me 9:1 to call the turn c/r. Since I need 11:1 just for the J, but knowing I have 6 more likely outs, it's an easy call.

The river of course is a J and he bets and I raise and he calls and I show and he flashes a T and starts whining for 20 minutes.

Then Sailboats looks at me like I'm insane.

And the LAG thinks I'm a chasin' addict (his words) because all I do is chase chase chase. Funny, because the table had been commenting on my play for the first hour before LAG showed up. Right when I sat down I picked up some monsters and played them well and won a rack in the first 15 minutes (99>88, QQ UI, AK>T9o, etc). Then I folded for an hour and everyone mentioned how I was solid as a rock. I got caught bluffing once with 8-high (took a stab on the turn, gave up) and then everyone decided I would never bluff again after that (of course I did bluff twice more). So my image was amazingly solid to them, but to the LAG I was a maniac. Awesome.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:40 PM

Image requires sample size. People are idiots. This is just another one of those reasons why it's generally pointless to talk strategy at the table.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Image requires sample size. People are idiots. This is just another one of those reasons why it's generally pointless to talk strategy at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking strategy at the table is great. Sometimes you have to let people know that you are sitting in the hot seat or that you get less bad beats when the cards have been scrambled really well (not just a little scramble, that won't do at all).
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking strategy at the table is great. Sometimes you have to let people know that you are sitting in the hot seat or that you get less bad beats when the cards have been scrambled really well (not just a little scramble, that won't do at all).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking 2+2 style strategy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Anyways, here's my list for why I don't talk at the table.
1. People are idiots.
2. Idiots are making me money.
3. Statistically, men play poker, Women don't.
4. The less I talk, the less I have to drink. The less I have to drink, the less I have to pee. Peeing is -EV.(esp. at Bay 101 where there is a table charge) Copy?
5. The only people I could possibly have a legitimate conversation with are the ones most suited to taking my money.
6. LAGgy chimamen no speaky engwish.
7. People are idiots.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 PM

tonight I experienced something new, I was literally sick to my stomach, I'm not even kidding, I did actually get nauseous, can't think of anything strange I ate, so it must have been caused by the excessive ass raping I experienced

I so desperately wanted to stab one of those monkeys it's insane

I actually managed to hit 1 draw the entire evening, which obv was in a tiny HU pot where opp was all in on the turn

luckily I'm on a forced break from poker bc I'm gonna get properly wasted, and some, the next 4 days, god I'm gonna redefine the definition of wasted

still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pkr tho
Closed Thread