Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM

Default razz: Was the play of my hand standard?

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.30 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.30 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (7.30 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (11.30 BB - $5.65)
Old 06-27-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: razz: Was the play of my hand standard?

6th street is tough. Your opponent has probably made 7 low already if not 6. Assuming your opponent has a7 under on 6th street you still have 24% equity, plenty for the call. The river bet is a bad idea. You opponent may have hit a low card like 5, which has not been exposed in this hand yet, and raise your 7 low. I think check call will be best play because it also gets a bet from villian if he has only 8 or worse 7 low.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:21 AM

5th is a clear bet.

6th is close.

7th I play the same.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5th is a clear bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it clear ? We are a dog on 5th if they have
2 unpaired hole card <8 here. It's likely they do.

I often make this bet on 5th but generally kick myself
right after I make it.

Tx.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5th is a clear bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it clear ? We are a dog on 5th if they have
2 unpaired hole card <8 here. It's likely they do.

I often make this bet on 5th but generally kick myself
right after I make it.

Tx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bet because my opponent will raise me most of the time that he doesn't fold, right? I want him to fold if he paired the 6s, but it is much more likely that he has a 7 or better...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't bet because my opponent will raise me most of the time that he doesn't fold, right? I want him to fold if he paired the 6s, but it is much more likely that he has a 7 or better...

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he can see your T he should raise with 4 to a 7 or 8.
Given the way he has played so far I would strongly suspect that
is what they have.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 PM

7th is so terrible. Why bet 7th?? He is betting 7th every single time. If you think you have the best hand for sure then check raise and get the extra bet out of him. If you arent sure then check call.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:46 PM

Carlos,
I bet 5th. But check calling doesn't bother me. I bet because there is a significant chance he has already paired OR has an 8 down (in which case you are ahead).

I think a check call is perfectly reasonable though. There probably isn't alot of equity to be made either way. Most of the time the opponent will have 2 unpaired cards less than 7...and your bet will cost you a sliver of a bet. But if he has an 8 or a 6 you have a big edge and need to bet.....all told it is probably close.

I also c/c the river. I don't like betting 76 AND paying off a raise.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Based upon an unknown opponent, the differences I see are that I bet 5th, I bet 6th and I check/call 7th. Don't underestimate the added power of your hand not yet pairing. Think about what the 3c would have had to have to flat call you on 3rd - A23 is extremely unlikely because you'd have been re-raised, so what does that leave where the 2 or 4 wouldn't have paired him? Don't miss value short-handed.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based upon an unknown opponent, the differences I see are that I bet 5th, I bet 6th and I check/call 7th. Don't underestimate the added power of your hand not yet pairing. Think about what the 3c would have had to have to flat call you on 3rd - A23 is extremely unlikely because you'd have been re-raised, so what does that leave where the 2 or 4 wouldn't have paired him? Don't miss value short-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused by your reply...he doesn't have a 2 and a 4 on board he has a 6 and a 4. He would definitely flat call me on 3rd with all 7s, and many times with an 8 or 3 babies. Plus, we are not playing short handed...