Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Best 10/20 game in Detroit...

Thanks. I've played MCC before, so I reconize some of those players. I really don't feel MCC is "unsafe", but then again, I'm about 6'2''. 250+, not exactly easy prey for the muggers.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:09 PM

jj...i have to agree with you..its not that unsafe,,i have never had a problem down there and i always self park. i do like your read on the regulars,,,i dont get a chance to go often enough...usually once every 3-4 weeks but i have played against alot of those guys...NBC is tight..took some money from him and big sheldon is a joke...he'll raise and and call right to the very end and finally give up...dont forget card-throwing old man Mason...he's terrible...and there is tall skinny sheldon who plays kind of by the book. my problem lately is when i go...i can only be there for 3-3 1/2 hrs...i usually get up kind of quick...then hang around and tighten up cause its too early to leave and then i start getting beat with all the "good" hands..hi pockets and the like...i do know i can play that game and i can hang with those guys....i am just not down there everyday like them
Old 03-01-2006, 04:44 AM

I've played w/ all these people for a long, long time. Mason is extremely loose, but he's got a good feel for the game. He'll give action that's for sure! Larry is a fine player. He'll gamble, but he is tricky
Old 03-01-2006, 04:28 PM

i think i know you otter...do you usually play the big no-limit game,,and just a side note, i did get down there last friday night, bout 11:30, started at 5/10 short table, moved to 10/20 in the back...bout hour later one of the other 5/10 tables hits for 40k bad beat,,,wrong table....damn..but we did play with larry murphy of the red wings...that was cool...
Old 03-01-2006, 06:31 PM

back in the day when I played at both the 10/20 at mcc was always softer/more regular than the 10/20 at greektown. If you wanna talk 20/40, well then the 20/40 game at greektown (both straight up and round by round) is the [censored] nuts.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:53 PM

dont forget basil,,"give me disasster..",,,and matt...really goood tourney player, guy named vegas, and i like the old man named neil...he's alright....
Old 03-02-2006, 12:41 AM

Mason is obnoxious and has a temper to boot. You can get him on tilt easily, although this doesnt necessarily have any value because he will most likely get up and leave. You are better off in the long run if you let him piss away his money on his stupid hands and his stupid bluffs. This is not hard to do. Beware of his turn check-raise. It's the play he always goes for when he has a monster. Word is on him he has an endless supply of money.

Vegas is tricky and will continue betting his hand if he raised before the flop and didnt improve but has some backdoor draw or overcards. He can read your hand pretty well so beware of your betting patterns against him. Will bluff more often than others in the game, goes after pots aggressively.

Oh yeah and there is this one guy I think his name is Greg or something he is very weak tight extremely predictable. I once saw him lay down a nut flush early in a tournament for fear of a straight flush. What a weenie! If he bets you should raise him everytime, especially if you have nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

good luck
-j
Old 03-03-2006, 02:39 AM

agreed...espescially the round by round-WHAT ACTION!. Well it's been probably 3 months since I've been there since I stopped playing the PLO game (it got much, much too big. When I played a couple times and saw several 15-20k pots I realized I was in over my head!), but I remember that was one of the best games in town.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:40 AM

They're all nice, good people who don't mind gambling.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 AM

I played w/ Larry Murphy about 3 years ago at Greektown. He sat RIGHT next to me. I kept looking out of the corner of my eye thinking, man he looks familiar, but couldn't place it-and I've played hockey my whole life. Finally one guy recognized him and wouldn't stop talking to him. It drove him away. I was thankful he left, 'cuz he was a pretty good player-tight. Is he still a good player?