FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: OFFICIAL edfurlong went to Thailand and took boring pictures threa

Nice threeeeeeeead!

Check ur PMs
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not getting condensed milk on your banana roti pancake is a beginner mistake. Don't make it again.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored]

[ QUOTE ]
Looks cool. Do you feel scared at all, of being robbed or anything? Just wondering cuz I want to go sometime

[/ QUOTE ]
The only other real traveling I've done is Costa Rica. I ran into tons of shady situations in San Jose and even beach towns. I've yet to feel the least bit unsafe (crimewise that is, I'm 90% sure that I'll be killed by a moving vehicle while I'm here).

Actually there was some weird situation my first day where some old dude started walking along with me talking for a few minutes while I tried to ignore him, then some half naked little kid runs up and grabs my arm. I kinda just removed the kid and pushed the old dude back with my other arm and walked quickly to a few cops standing at the light. I dunno if it was a pickpocket thing or what, but thats the only trouble I've had. I should have just told the old guy to [censored] off right away.

[ QUOTE ]
What's that book from Powell's that you brought?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't remember, just some trash fiction about a hard headed lawyer and or cop. Thats pretty much the bread and butter of my vacation reading.

[ QUOTE ]
Not as impressed by your latest food choices.

Start going more authentic and stop crapping it up with American Cheese please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half of the reason I started the thread was to shame myself into eating real food. I'd been eating lots of sandwiches and fries and [censored]. Pretty retarded to go to thailand and live on chicken fingers. Last night I went out with the intention of eating an awesome overpriced fried fish dinner, but then it started pouring and I ducked into the first place I found. =(

I kinda made up for it with lunch/breakfast today (I woke up around noon).
Some kinda beef salad with onions and peppers with fish sauce.

Patong Beach

I think these dudes were having a bad day, they were still at it an hour later when I walked back.

My new digs, you can tell I'm keeping it real and immersing myself in the culture.

I think you know where I'll be tonight! There's a bon jovi cover band playing down the street, so its gonna be a tough call.

Uh, ok...

And!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 AM

Dude be careful with all the raw produce (lettuce). Hepatitis, e. coli, waiting to happen.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM

Did you end up going to Rock Hard? That place is [censored] awesome. I was afraid it was going to be cheesy but the bands did, in fact, rock.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 AM

What about girls?pub?club?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM

please rename thread to 'Ask Ed why he went to Thailand and didn't take more pics of bitches'?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

<font color="white">looks like a fun trip. still there? have a safe trip </font>
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 AM

LOL Expat Hotel

Just a 2 min stagger from Bangla Rd.

LOL Rock City. Important notice. The 1st 2 bands SUCK HARD! The 2nd 2 bands are pretty decent esp the last one (Metallica cover band)
Old 06-21-2007, 06:01 AM

OK OK You have had enough time to sober up.

Pix from your Bangla Rd/Rock City night RQSTD.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude be careful with all the raw produce (lettuce). Hepatitis, e. coli, waiting to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
I worried about that for about a week and then just said [censored] it. Whats a trip to Thailand without life threatening illness?

[ QUOTE ]
Did you end up going to Rock Hard? That place is [censored] awesome. I was afraid it was going to be cheesy but the bands did, in fact, rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't, I wandered in to some Irish bar "Scruffy Murphy" and got stuck to a barstool drinking beer chang and listening to this awesome band.

The drummer dude did a sick Marley and the girl had serious pipes. It was pretty funny to watch a bunch of indian and japanese dudes doing jigs when the white guy busted out the fiddle. Expensive but awesome bar, I highly recomend it.

Dinner last night, Tom Yum Goom. This turned out to be the exact same soup I had earlier in the thread, but bigger and spicier. The menu was all in thai (english thai, not squigly nonsense thai) so I just pointed at something at random in the soup section.

Up at noon again today, so breakfast/lunch. Glass noodle salad with pork.

I checked in to my hotel and was super stoked with the room, realy nice. Sweet balcony, big ass bed and most importantly

So awesome, this is what the bathrooms in all my other hotels have looked like, thats the shower on the left.

Unfortunatly I couldn't get the lights to turn on, I wandered back down to the desk and they informed me that there was no power. Seems like something you'd mention upon checking in, but who am I to say? I figure I'll just bail if its not fixed by eight or so because I'm a huge sissy that can't sleep without AC.

Graffiti with directions!

Cool entrance to some fancy Italian joint.

[ QUOTE ]
Pix from your Bangla Rd/Rock City night RQSTD.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tried to take some pictures on hooker street (I assume thats Bangla Rd.) as I stumbled home, but they all turned out like this.

I'd already booked a hotel in karon before I even got to patong because I assumed I was going to hate it. It was actually pretty cool though, I was picturing Atlantic City sleazy, but it was more Vegas Strip sleazy, I'll def be back in the next couple days and I'll try to get some good pictures.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Expensive but awesome bar, I highly recomend it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you mean expensive for Thailand, but how expensive in US dollars? How expensive relative to other bars in the area?