Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Cotto Vs Judah

Who does everyone like here?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Cotto Vs Judah

Cotto by KO, DQ, TKO +125
Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 PM

I like Cotto +386 to win by DEC, but an even better bet is the OVER of 9.5 at close to Even. Cotto is a powerful fighter, but he is no Mike Tyson who looks to finish the fight in the first round. Cotto likes to break his opponet down as the fight wears on. Cotto just keeps coming the entire fight, but Judah is a good defensive fighter. Judah is very good at rolling his shoulder ala Mayweather and slipping punches. Judah's power will also keep Cotto in check.

Judah is a real hit and miss fighter, sometimes looking like an elite fighter and other time looking like a B-Level fighter and sometimes he looks like both within the same fight (Mayweather and Baldomir). I think Zab realizes this is it for him and he is going to be very focused and will fight a good fight, but Cotto is just too good a fighter right now. He is on his way to a top 5 p4p ranking very soon.

Cotto by UD, but it will be close on the cards, my guess 116-112.

Glad to be back,
Tuds
Old 06-08-2007, 10:50 AM

Tuds,

I also think it may be a little closer than some think. It all depends on which Judah shows up. He actually looked good in his first few rounds vs. Mayweather. I think Cotto wins but I'm not so sure he runs away with it. In a weird way this is the best and probably worst fighter Cotto has ever faced. It should be interesting to watch. My friend is always looking for "home run bets" in boxing and he's taking Judah.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Hero,

I wouldn't say Judah is anywhere near the worst fighter Cotto has ever faced (even on Judah's many off days). Judah is his own worst enemy. If you are going to bet Judah take the KO/TKO prop at almost 9-1. Judah does have power and Cotto's jaw is somewhat questionable.

Cotto will have the home field advantage with all the Puerto Ricans in town for the parade. The crowd at MSG will be in a frenzy for Cotto and also Arum is his promoter so that always helps. Judah might be from NY as well, but remember Baldomir got a DEC over him as MSG.

Tuds
Old 06-09-2007, 04:13 PM

i believe judah is by far the more physically gifted fighter of the two with uncanny speed and roy jones like reflexes. but having an edge in the physical department alone does not make you a world class fighter when you have glaring holes in the technical and mental department as judah does.

cotto is the more technically sound of the two and has also shown a proficiency in cutting down the ring to chase down boxers who have a lot of movement; for instance, he was able to neutralize corley, maggliani and quintana (speedy fighters with a lot of movement) by cutting the ring then pounding them hard (cotto is a very strong dude).

cotto has also shown a ton of heart and determination and a willingness to put himself thru physically demanding training regimens to get himself ready for all his fights, which is something judah has not shown and done consistently as of late. and let's not forget cotto has p4p the best body attack a.k.a the great equalizer of speed and movement.

judah has been fumbling lately while cotto has been shining even more. yes. i like cotto in this fight. he has all the tools to beat a fighter of judah's calibre.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cotto by KO, DQ, TKO +125

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 PM

In some ways, Judah is a tailor made opponent for Cotto. Cotto excels in breaking down his opponents. He hits hard, and throws a lot of punches from different angles. He also really bangs to the body. Judah lacks stamina and mental toughness.

The strain of trying to keep Baldomir off was too much for him. Right before he really went downhill in that fight, he said in his corner "My vision is blurry". You have to rewind and listen very closely. His trainer (and father) kept asking "What?" and one of the cornerman had to repeat it. Judah saw the camera and wouldn't say anything more. But if he falls apart after 4-5 rounds of outboxing Baldomir, then it would seem that he stands no chance of weathering Cotto's attack.

On the other hand, in some ways Judah is a terrible opponent for Cotto. Cotto is there to be hit. He is not hard to hit clean, and he has shown a simply terrible chin at times. He was just about out on his feet from a short, chopping right thrown by Corley (it didn't look like much of a punch), and was involved in a life and death brawl with Torres. He was almost KOed in that fight more than once. His chin looked terrible in both instances. He has seemed to take punches much better at 147, but there are still major doubts about his chin.

Judah has a lightning bolt for a left hand. His hands are fast, and he hits very hard. Cotto will come right to him, forcing him to trade punches (which he is sometimes loathe to do) and will be right there to be hit. However, Judah is one of those fighters who doesn't carry the same power late into a fight. Against a tough opponent, he typically will score the KO early or not at all.

It would not suprise me at all for Cotto to get starched by a Judah left and go down. Judah has no killer extinct, so Cotto may still weather the storm. However, I still wouldn't be surprised by an early stoppage by Judah.

The most likely outcome though is that Cotto breaks down Judah and stops him late. I just don't see Judah standing up to the pressure.

This could be a very interesting fight though, especially early on.

I would like Cotto by TKO/KO/DQ +125 (mentioned in a post above), but I am not sure if that is still available.

I would also like Judah +900 (mentioned in a post above) to win by stoppage, but I have not seen that line anywhere.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:49 PM

I didn't literally mean he is the worst fighter. Obviously Cotto has fought worse fighters. But the things Judah does sometimes in the ring, total lack of focus and overconfidence, he just sets himself up to get knocked out or beaten, even by worse opponents.

I'm not betting on Judah, just mentioning my friend was. I just hope it's a decent fight. I'm really looking forward to Castillo-Hatton. That should be interesting.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Any thoughts on the foreman/thompson fight or any other prelim fights tonight?