Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: nl100 how is my play

First hand:

Preflop is bad. Specifically the first call. The second is borderline, and closing the action with $7 into $28 I make it like always. But the first call is bad without further information about the other two players. You are behind in the hand and out of position.

Your post-flop play was fine. Basically, the other players terrible post flop play made yours OK. You're fine closing the action calling those tiny bets. $10 into $56 on the flop, where you have 8 outs for the straight and another one or two for backdoor draws, plus IO as betgee limp-reraised and seems to like his hand. $8 into $82 on turn closing the action is easiest call ever.

Second hand:

At first blush I hated your river line... you induced a bluff then folded to it. But you seem to believe that villain is a moron. In that case I do like the river line after all. It is a skilled player who I would expect to take the pot away, not a stupid player - he's betting his hand.

Also, I'd bet more on the flop.

$0.02
Old 05-15-2007, 04:42 PM

First Hand:
I like the line you took post flop unless you think he would go broke on any lower then top two hands. I kinda like a check raise the turn though?
Second Hand:
Blocking bet on river maybe? kinda tough though becuase if he shoves ur forced to call there. I dunno it cant be a that bad a fold I dont think
Old 05-15-2007, 05:00 PM

Hand 2 is an ez call. Hand 1 you fished with a double gutshot and caught trips. what is so interesting about it?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is an ez call. Hand 1 you fished with a double gutshot and caught trips. what is so interesting about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If hand #2 is an easy what is villians range and why is he playing the hand this way? Please explain why make your decision.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:22 PM

I probably bet like $40-45 on the river of hand 1, but otherwise it is pretty standard IMO. Hand 2 looks good, but I call the river.