Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 11:20 AM

Default 5-150 STRADDDDLLLEEEE!!!!! Wheeeeeee!!!

Hand from last night. I've been playing the 5-150 at CAZ for a couple hours now and the live ones got up and left the table about 15 minutes ago. There's a couple of not-so-great players left at the table, but they need a bit of loosening up to get things flowing.

There's only one thing to do. I announce loudly, "I'm bored. Stroodle!"(sic) as I push out 10 bucks. The players to either side of me look at me like I just fell off my chair or something (I'd been playing very tight 'till this point and am up significantly for the session).

It's folded around to the cutoff (typical, thus the need to loosen up the game), who raises to 30. The CO is new to the table as of about 30 minutes ago and is an out-of-towner. Tentative read is that he's reasonable; he's been tight so far, having played only one other hand. Folded to me. I call. Lady to my right asks if I've seen my cards yet. I respond, "Nope, no clue."

Flop: Q T 4 rainbow

I check. Villain bets 30. I say, "Dangit, now I have to look." I find KJo hiding under there and say, "Wow, I have a hand. I call." CO looks very confused.

Turn: 2 (completing the rainbow)

I check, CO bets 50 and has about 100 or so more behind, I call.

River: Ace. Glorious and beautiful ace.

I can see the stubborn look in CO. He's annoyed and ready to hammer me.

I check, he pushes, I shrug and call.

He tables his hand while I'm pushing a stack out to call him. I flip my cards over. He stands up and walks away mumbling. I lean forward to see his cards. QQ.

I almost feel guilty.

Please note adherence to the primary rules of straddling: Announce the straddle. Do not look pre-flop. Suck out on the river.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Re: 5-150 STRADDDDLLLEEEE!!!!! Wheeeeeee!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Please note adherence to the primary rules of straddling: Announce the straddle. Do not look pre-flop. Suck out on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be mistaken, but I believe one of the primary rules is that you must raise on your option preflop. Why else would you straddle? (There is also a strict beer:streddlerbit ratio that must be maintained at all times.)
Old 02-24-2006, 01:51 PM

I was busy drinking my beer when it came back to me, so I got that part down.

I should go re-read the rules. I thought I recalled that the re-raise was an optional thing for advanced players only. I wasn't drunk enough to feel I was ready for that level of play yet.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be mistaken, but I believe one of the primary rules is that you must raise on your option preflop. Why else would you straddle? (There is also a strict beer:streddlerbit ratio that must be maintained at all times.)

[/ QUOTE ]

He was slowplayin it