Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: STARS 100NL and a fun day of tilt!

[ QUOTE ]
i usually just go to larger games and spew my chips instead of dropping massive amounts of buy ins on the same old boring tables....

of course maybe it can help your image and some people will tag you as a complete maniac fish and follow you around for a while until they catch on that you just were tilting....

[/ QUOTE ]

But when grouchie goes to 200nl he happens to sit at my left and catch some goods cards so has an inflated view of what happens when you move up.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:08 AM

I dropped 6.5 BI or $1350 the first time I moved to NL200.

It was no monkey-tilt, just your regular one, with 7% won at SD and 22% went to SD; a slight bit of overplaying overpairs against LAGs.

But I won them back the same day without even going on a heater and still taking some pretty bad beats so it could have been worse.

Hang in there OP; just take a break when you drop 3 BIs or more; the villains don't deserve to take your moneyz easily.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 AM

Yeah, I had a similar day when I moved up to $200- bad, bad, bad luck, but lost $1500 in a few thousand hands.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Last night after I ate I got on to play a little before work and I played good and every thing was fine again. I even won 2 buy In's. It is amazing how much steam that let off but the only thing is I am never ever doing that again so not sure what I am going to do if I ever have that problem again.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately I don't play for a living. Poker is fun to me(at times) and I don't care to ever play it for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that everytime a player goes into uber mega tilt they fall back on the old I play for fun crap. If you play for fun and dont need to worry about your roll why not play the MAX buy in games you can and just reload when your looking for some more relax fun time at the tables.

Its your money bro but why not take your roll higher up and try and heeb it up to a fat stack? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Last night after I ate I got on to play a little before work and I played good and every thing was fine again. I even won 2 buy In's. It is amazing how much steam that let off but the only thing is I am never ever doing that again so not sure what I am going to do if I ever have that problem again.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's good to see you get back on track. GL.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately I don't play for a living. Poker is fun to me(at times) and I don't care to ever play it for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that every time a player goes into uber mega tilt they fall back on the old I play for fun crap. If you play for fun and dont need to worry about your roll why not play the MAX buy in games you can and just reload when your looking for some more relax fun time at the tables.

Its your money bro but why not take your roll higher up and try and heeb it up to a fat stack? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this might be hard for you to fathom but not everyone makes his/her living playing poker. I enjoy the extra money I win and have a great time spending the money but if it is gone 2 hours from now it's like money I never had. Every penny of my roll is someone else's money I beat them out of. I know it was mega sick of me to do this but since then I feel better and have been playing good. Besides that I could put 100$ from my roll I have at home and in 3 months time be right back at the 100nl level. My whole roll isn't online I play live a good bit and have a sizable roll at my house at all times. Not to be cocky but the 1600 wasn't a big deal to me. I will win it back and right now as we speak I have a check on the way from stars for almost the same amount.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that every time a player goes into uber mega tilt they fall back on the old I play for fun crap. If you play for fun and dont need to worry about your roll why not play the MAX buy in games you can and just reload when your looking for some more relax fun time at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this might be hard for you to fathom but not everyone makes his/her living playing poker. I enjoy the extra money I win and have a great time spending the money but if it is gone 2 hours from now it's like money I never had. Every penny of my roll is someone else's money I beat them out of. I know it was mega sick of me to do this but since then I feel better and have been playing good. Besides that I could put 100$ from my roll I have at home and in 3 months time be right back at the 100nl level. My whole roll isn't online I play live a good bit and have a sizable roll at my house at all times. Not to be cocky but the 1600 wasn't a big deal to me. I will win it back and right now as we speak I have a check on the way from stars for almost the same amount.

[/ QUOTE ]
BBV post...
Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 PM

I know what you mean. So far when I have these big downswings, they seem to be followed by big upswings so I feel all right about myself again. I don't kniow what I'd do if a big downswing is followed by like a 50k breakeven streak at levels I had been beating. Poker sucks hard when you're losing, and is the greatest thing in the world when you're winning.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-13-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i usually just go to larger games and spew my chips instead of dropping massive amounts of buy ins on the same old boring tables....

of course maybe it can help your image and some people will tag you as a complete maniac fish and follow you around for a while until they catch on that you just were tilting....

[/ QUOTE ]

But when grouchie goes to 200nl he happens to sit at my left and catch some goods cards so has an inflated view of what happens when you move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i need to just be playing 100NL, i just don't seem to have the will power.