Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Forum Reorganization

[ QUOTE ]
This whole issue has me on tilt. I'm going to call for a jihad on the BBV4Life link on the sidebar. It better be under 2+2 communities or there will be trouble!

Edit:[ QUOTE ]
while decreasing usability and functionality for the people who ACTUALLY USE IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see what's funny, but I guess laughing beats the [censored] out of being wrong.

At this point, "my level of participation in this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it".
Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i know 2p2 doesnt generally ban for stupidity, but in falcons case you guys really should consider it.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 PM

I can understand people not liking BBV4Life being moved away from BBV, and I get that some won't be happy with the merged forums too. The communities category and BBV4Life can be reworked later on if it needs to be done. I just ask that people give it a try for a little while.

But the overall changes should make the site easier to navigate and increase visibility for a few forums that were essentially buried before. The order being more logical does matter, as we still care about the site's usability for new members. It's not changing things just for the sake of change. If we didn't change the order we would be doing it just because we know that many people don't like change, and that wouldn't be right either.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The communities category and BBV4Life can be reworked later on if it needs to be done. I just ask that people give it a try for a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough
Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 PM

Can someone just clarify what the hell you guys are talking about? My sidebar looks exactly the same as it did last week.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone just clarify what the hell you guys are talking about? My sidebar looks exactly the same as it did last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan... click "Main Index"
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, yeah, if you posted there more, your opinions might be relevant, since those of us who do post in both frequently appreciate the convenience of the two being next to each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

His frequency of posting is independent of your appreciation of the "convenience" of the two being "next to each other". If you didn't appreciate this, would his opinion be more relevant with the same posting frequency?

I'm not sure what's "convenient" about it, exactly. If you're in BBV, and you click on BBV4L, does it load faster if the two are adjacent in a list?

[ QUOTE ]
And since there is a very large and obvious overlap between the two forums, it makes sense to keep them next to each other in the sidebar.

[/ QUOTE ]

This also makes no sense past some emotional response. It's not like these are two kids who make trouble in class and are forced to sit on opposite sides of the room. It's not like the parent trap, where siblings are being split up and sent to opposite sides of the earth. You can still post in both.

Personally, I don't give a [censored] what happens; there are plenty of good arguments against splitting them up, I'm sure, they just aren't being articulated here. The best so far has been "there's nothing gained by doing it."
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-I express my opinion about the Politics forum because I read it occasionally and there were things about the way it was run and the tone of discourse in it that kept me from participating. It's relevant because there are certain times and instances I would particpate / would have participated if things were done differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't post. You've got three posts in politics in the last year, on the same day, in the same thread, within 30 minutes of each other.

If you posted there more, your opinions might be relevant, since those of us who do post in both frequently appreciate (insert whatever aspect that has zero to do with your posting frequency).

And your suggestions for Politics certainly would have decreased my enjoyment of it, as someone who "actually uses it".
Old 04-10-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Politics is far away from ATF, but they manage to find their way in here. I trust BBV is capable of the same feats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but we don't want them too. Keeping them apart is good because it might reduce the threads here. Also those forums are not as related as bbv/bbv4lyfe is so while that was a funny slam at politics it isn't a good comparison. There is nothing gained by separating bbv and bbv4lyfe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Where did he slam the politics forum? I only see you doing it.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Politics is far away from ATF, but they manage to find their way in here. I trust BBV is capable of the same feats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but we don't want them too. Keeping them apart is good because it might reduce the threads here. Also those forums are not as related as bbv/bbv4lyfe is so while that was a funny slam at politics it isn't a good comparison. There is nothing gained by separating bbv and bbv4lyfe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Where did he slam the politics forum? I only see you doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop while you are behind.