Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 09:08 AM

Default I think I\'m going to move....

... the question is: to where?

I currently live in Boston and have been here since 1999. The tax situation here for non-full time gamblers is pretty atrocious (incidentally, I wouldn't have saved much declaring as a professional either). Anyway, I want to live somewhere that lets me deduct gambling losses for state taxes like I do with federal.

Other than that criteria, I'm pretty open to suggestions. Obvious locales like LA and Las Vegas are already on my radar but I thought people here might have some other suggestions. I'm primarily looking at destinations within the US but leaving the country is not impossible.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: I think I\'m going to move....

I take it your full-time job doesn't factor into the equation? If I could move anywhere it would be San Diego. LA is a pit (no offense to Los Angelenos).
Old 04-05-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: I think I\'m going to move....

I currently work half-time in a generic office job. I figure I can get a generic part-time office job just about anywhere. Even post-UIGEA, I make enough to live on from poker as I don't have expensive tastes. My chosen field is music but I seem to suck at winning orchestra auditions. In any case, where I live doesn't really affect my practicing and auditioning. It affects the amount of freelance work I can get but I'll have to research those markets individually.