Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Decline of Myspace

Has anyone else noticed that myspace has realy gone down hill. There is more spam than ever, I got a crazy virus off of there a while ago, and it runs SOOOO [censored] SLOW. I have a fast internet connection and a new computer and just having a browser with myspace totaly screws everything up. When I browse peoples profiles it takes 4ever to bring up the pics. There is WAY TOO MUCH customized crap like video inserts and audio that totaly fs everthing up.

Just a quick rant, this is supposed to be a multi billion doller site you think they would find a way to

A. Make it run better
B. Cut back on spam and totaly eliminate popups that when you click on them you get a virus.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Decline of Myspace

Im not even done yet, I got one more thing that totaly pissed me off. They had an advertiser that when you went to their site and did whatever it was "cant remember what it was for" it installed a bunch of annoying crap on your computer and changed some settings.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:55 AM

What's crazy about MySpace's popularity is it isn't even that great a site from a functionality standpoint, never has been, and is getting worse instead of better. It's pretty damn basic and flawed.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 AM

I cant believe that they arent addressing the situation. I mean you pay that huge sum of money then you claim its actualy going to be worth 15 billion and you arent putting any resources to address pressing needs. It seems like they are just going to run it into the ground and get as much add revenue as possible until it goes under. I dont see them actualy putting resources to upkeep and develope myspace.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 AM

they're too busy swimming in pools full of cash
Old 04-05-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe that they arent addressing the situation. I mean you pay that huge sum of money then you claim its actualy going to be worth 15 billion and you arent putting any resources to address pressing needs. It seems like they are just going to run it into the ground and get as much add revenue as possible until it goes under. I dont see them actualy putting resources to upkeep and develope myspace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I heard they were soliciting help on myspace with how to fix their problems... they can't find anyone who can get it working properly =/

I mean, they basically can't get new hardware up fast enough to handle their traffic. It's pretty sick.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 PM

I don't even use my account and in the last week I've gotten upwards of 30 messages from "Amber" who wants to just say Hi, oh and tell me about her amazing new ringtone. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't get an email everytime, probably a way to turn that off huh.

Never thought I'd say this, but facebook is definitely a superior product, essentially zero spam and a much better user interface.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 PM

My wife had like 8000 friend requests and 12000 messages when she first signed up. I guess being on the Cool New People list for like 3 days had something to do with that.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife had like 8000 friend requests and 12000 messages when she first signed up. I guess being on the Cool New People list for like 3 days had something to do with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or your wife is hawt. Pics/link please.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:35 PM

ya myspace is on the downswing where facebook has exploded lately. Facebook is soon going to surpass myspace if it hasn't already.