Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: .50/1 big slick gets a K on river?

by betting the turn we can buy some A or K outs if we knock out K7 or A7, but if some one c/r us what should we do ?

i dont think that raising river is for value, so call
Old 03-27-2007, 06:08 PM

I like calling here, because I don't think you're making any money on that raise -- Villain calls and beats you, raises and beats you, or folds. He may have Kx -- if he had a weaker pair, why didn't he bet it before? -- but nothing else that calls a raise will lose to you.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I can find myself to folding to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i can. villain doesn't look like a maniac, and i can't think of any hands that we beat that could even contemplate a 3bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more about hating the raise-fold line on the river against an unknown when I could just call and get to showdown.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise, you're probably ahead and I doubt he 3-bangs you unless he really has something.

[/ QUOTE ]

But does he call if behind?

I think we could all guess we're almost miles ahead here, but would this villian call a raise on the river with a hand that we beat?

I would bet not, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have a read, but I dont know too many players(unless they are smart) who bet fold. He could be doing this exact play with a J or Q.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by betting the turn we can buy some A or K outs if we knock out K7 or A7, but if some one c/r us what should we do ?

i dont think that raising river is for value, so call

[/ QUOTE ]

50c-100c + no-reads = why do you think this?

a lot of guys would call with 79 or whatever crap - that's why it's best to value bet rather than push at this level
Old 03-28-2007, 02:15 AM

So, in looking at this hand my initial thought was to raise for value. But there are too many hands that would have you beat -- QJ, KQ, KJ, AT, T9. The only hands that he might have and would call you with would be AJ, AQ, JT, QT. However, you probably would have already felt some aggression if you were up against AQ or AJ. So, I think the board is too scary to raise with AK. I would just call here. Btw, I think you're play was perfect throughout the hand.

Now, if you do decide to raise for value and he 3-bets you...that's an easy lay-down imo (even though you might have ~10:1 odds to call) because there's nobody in 0.50/1's that would 3-bet as a bluff on the river(certainly less than 10% chance of a bluff). If he 3-bets you, you're beat for sure. You can fold knowing you're beat without needing to waste that extra bet just for the proof.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 AM

*Grunging*

I would raise.

UTG most likely paired his Q or J or is on a draw to call on the flop. Considering he merely limped in preflop and didn't CR on the flop, the only likely hands that he may have at this point that will beat you is KJ KQ or AT. Even then, I would use reads to rule those hands out: If UTG is a player that would likely PFR with such hands, then his limping in would eliminate those hands as possible holdings.

You have TPTK while UTG is most likely trying to steal the pot w/ his inferior pair after seeing your check on the turn, raise for value.

This is my first post, hope this (and future) grunge get some constructive feedback, thanks and hello to all.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM

This is a flop that is very likely to have hit someone and getting raised on the turn wouldn't be good because we are still drawing so I check there. If you bet and get raised I think you have to call given your outs to TP & the GSSD but if you are c/r'd then I'm not sure how good your TP outs actually are?

My first thought on the river was r/f, having read the responses I'm not sure whether this is the best move or not. Calling obviously gives you a bit more information on how UTG plays which may be useful when faced with this sort of decision later e: and you are more likely to be up against a strong hand on this board.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:48 AM

Without a read, I raise this. Many players don't realize that AK (or maybe TT) is just about the only hand you would play like this. If they aren't too passive, they'll bet any Q, any J here. And, seeing your raise as a bluff, they'll often pay off the raise.

Frankly, this fear of a raise is mainly mubs, imho. Judging by the action, UTG could still have an extremely wide range. Just a small portion can 3bet us (basically none that we're ahead off) and a decent portion will be behind AND call our raise.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 AM

I raise it.

I don't think he has anything except a King something and your king something is better. He hasn't shown any strength, get in there and raise him up.