Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Wpex Stole My Money

WSEX_GM: “I haven't heard you deny you were using some type of bot.”

My post accurately described everything that has happened to this point, and I have been accused of nothing more specific than “Computer Assistance” – which even from the TOS you pasted, could mean “collusion”, “bot”, or “another form of illegal software” (quite a catch-all that one)… is there a list of illegal software? Handgrabber? PokerTracker? PokerAce? PokerStove?

I would have loved to talk about what software I use – which I offered to do several times – but as copied in the Email, your staff already made a “final decision”. You seem to suggest I used a “bot” – what bot? Is automating button presses (hotkeys) a bot? It’s great you’re now open to discussing the situation – if your decision is “final”, though, is there even a point - are you open to reversing your decision? I carry no ill will either way – my only purpose in this forum was to alert others of what I thought was your company’s very poor handling of the situation.

And others on this forum have hit on this larger picture – that you’d drop this bombshell on a loyal customer only after he tries to cash out… that you didn’t even tell him what it was or give him a chance to explain just adds to the problem. You say you just “got new tools”… I’m sure some in this world would buy this happy coincidence, but I can confidently tell you that the readers of this forum will interpret that answer as pure BS, which of course it is.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX_GM: “I haven't heard you deny you were using some type of bot.”

My post accurately described everything that has happened to this point, and I have been accused of nothing more specific than “Computer Assistance” – which even from the TOS you pasted, could mean “collusion”, “bot”, or “another form of illegal software” (quite a catch-all that one)… is there a list of illegal software? Handgrabber? PokerTracker? PokerAce? PokerStove?

I would have loved to talk about what software I use – which I offered to do several times – but as copied in the Email, your staff already made a “final decision”. You seem to suggest I used a “bot” – what bot? Is automating button presses (hotkeys) a bot? It’s great you’re now open to discussing the situation – if your decision is “final”, though, is there even a point - are you open to reversing your decision? I carry no ill will either way – my only purpose in this forum was to alert others of what I thought was your company’s very poor handling of the situation.

And others on this forum have hit on this larger picture – that you’d drop this bombshell on a loyal customer only after he tries to cash out… that you didn’t even tell him what it was or give him a chance to explain just adds to the problem. You say you just “got new tools”… I’m sure some in this world would buy this happy coincidence, but I can confidently tell you that the readers of this forum will interpret that answer as pure BS, which of course it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to talk about this here?

What were you using?

We'll have our people install it and if it yields the same results, and it is not something against our rules, we will pay you.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com
Old 03-21-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I carry no ill will either way

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this statement to be curious.
Why wouldn't you carry any ill-will at all about them taking all your money?
Feels almost like a bot-admission to me but I'm willing to be open-minded about this.

The readers of this forum are probably interested in what programs you were using.
They would like to know if you were really 'botting' as most on here would define it...or if you were just using hot-keys.

If you were just using hot-keys though then I would think you would right-away be saying, "All I was doing was using hot-keys and I think this is why they thought I was botting."

Since you are not even saying what you were doing it sure feels like an admission that you were truly botting (using the definition that you didn't even need to be sitting at your computer while your bot was playing your hands for you).
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM

DAC_
stranger
Reged: 03/20/07

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THESE GUYS?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I carry no ill will either way

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this statement to be curious.
Why wouldn't you carry any ill-will at all about them taking all your money?
Feels almost like a bot-admission to me but I'm willing to be open-minded about this.

The readers of this forum are probably interested in what programs you were using.
They would like to know if you were really 'botting' as most on here would define it...or if you were just using hot-keys.

If you were just using hot-keys though then I would think you would right-away be saying, "All I was doing was using hot-keys and I think this is why they thought I was botting."

Since you are not even saying what you were doing it sure feels like an admission that you were truly botting (using the definition that you didn't even need to be sitting at your computer while your bot was playing your hands for you).

[/ QUOTE ]

Methinks he protesteth too little.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:24 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] WPEX
Old 03-21-2007, 05:25 PM

Ive never played at WSEX, primarily because i heard it was a tough site to play on, but secondly because it has SEX in its name.

But i think its pretty cool that their General Manager has come here and the way they have handled the situation says a lot about the company.

OP,

The fact that you were found out after cashing out isnt such a big deal - id imagine their new anti botting tools work on a random basis but following any cashout they will check that players logs before giving them the green light.

So whilst they will (presumably) catch botters whilst they are playing, as a last line of defense they will catch cheats at the withdrawal stage.

The only unanswered questions are if the program accidentally produced a false positive, and what happens to the funds of the (alledged) cheat in question.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:30 PM

Awesome work Fred. Awesome

Dac -- the fact that you will not come clean about what software you were using makes me agree with Fred even more

And awesome response time Fred ... you are a true breath of fresh air in this industry
Old 03-21-2007, 05:32 PM

WSEX GM: as homer asked
[ QUOTE ]
Are the seized funds going to be redistributed to the players from which they were won?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what it says in your terms and conditions
Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 PM

WSEX GM:

There is something in your story which I don't understand. You said that you could not detect Dac's bot usage before the time when he was cashing out, because you just got new tools only then.

How did your tools find out then that he was using a bot? It appears to me that your tools could only find that out while he was playing, not when he was cashing out?