Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Receding hair line!!!

OMG-WTF-HOLY CRAP!!!!

My hairline is now visibly receding, it's retreating as if napoleon was advancing or something, and this does not make me comfortable. Now here's the rub, I'm almost seven feet tall, and this has lead to many many mishaps with door jambs. The top of my head literaly has a ridge, like a mountain range, but small. I really don't want to ever see this ridge, but at this rate (24 yrs old), I will before my 50th birthday!

How can I not suck quite so badly in this specific way, help me OOT, the children will laugh, and I will cry, and then I will have my revenge, and then they will call me "Inmate".

I have a friend who is 22, and his hairline has receded like halfway, I'm not trying to go there.

What is the definitive treatment, should I just kill myself?

Thanks OOT

Cam
Old 03-02-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Receding hair line!!!

Thread about hair loss

Skunkworks is pretty key in this thread, he gives some real good advice about stuff to buy, or what to do in general if you don't want to go bald anytime soon.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:36 AM

the FDA has approved some new laser comb that's supposed to work wonders - I suspect by stimulating blood flow to the follicles, the absence of which causes hair to grow thinner, eventually falling out -

hey, what's $500 to a poker player [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and since neither of the other two treatments approved by the FDA (Rogaine/Propecia) are encouraged for the front of the hairline, it might be your best bet - that other thread is 3 months old - I don't think it covers this new technological piece of equipment, though it has been around for awhile without FDA approval.

I'm getting a little concerned myself - might buy one - if so I'll give you guys a trip report.

rb
Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 AM

depends if it's male pattern baldness or not. If not, find some aids like above. If it is, there's not so much you can do. That seems to be the concensus amongst the med community in the UK.

I'm visibly receding too (MPB), hairstylists recommend thinning out the thick areas to create a level coverage then using some clay to "thicken out" a little bit.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 AM

Wow, ok, I'll check this stuff out, and unload this nine.Thanks for the link and everything, can you guys make girls like me too?

edit: And not just my mom

Cam
Old 03-02-2007, 07:26 AM

If you're 7 feet tall no one will ever see the top of your head, you could have a topknot and no one would care.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:01 AM

I'm almost 7 feet, and people do see my hairline, and you'd be suprised how many times I must reach forward or bend over in a day's period. Wondeful Avatar by the way, it is eternally mesmerizing.

Cam
Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Yay for hairloss threads.

Propecia+Rogaine is really clutch. I'm now almost 8 or 9 months into my treatment and the soft wispy regrowth hairs at my temples are becoming thicker and darker. Looking at before/after pictures is pretty funny because it's a fairly stark contrast -- I'm definitely a success story as far as the regimen goes.

I do go through periods of shed where I'll notice more hairs falling out than normal, but that's usually hair from all over my head rather than just at the front so it doesn't worry me.

cambraceres, I recommend giving Propecia + Rogaine + Nizoral a shot. You can also try to find a bottle of this stuff that contains copper peptides, which I think has been shown to block some of the DHT that causes hair loss. I could have all of that science messed up, but anyway, I spray it on my temples once a day before styling my hair. The bottle is a bit expensive through the link, but I've been using it for a while now and it's still basically half full. If you have any friends with a cosmetology license, you can pick up bottles of this stuff for $13 or so at a supply store.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:29 PM

I saw a commercial for that laser-comb thingee. Looks weird.

Didn't know it was officially approved or there were serious studies or anything though. Thought it was just another gimmicky, weird product.

Yup, it starts at 24 or 25 or whatever. That's what it did for me.
I'm 36 now. I miss my hair. Oh well.

At least you're tall.

I'm 5'6" and a little pudgy.

Short, bald, pudgy (and oldish) dudes have to work harder to get the chicks.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 PM

Not if they balla.

Good luck, OP. I've got some thinning over the temples, and I've always had a really high forehead. Luckily the thinning seems to have stopped.

I wouldn't be surprised if diet and general health/abuse levels have something to do with it, too. In my partying days, I used to find scary amounts of hair in the shower and in my comb.